need help choosing

ab95

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey everyone, i'm fairly new to the whole airsoft scene and have been watching a lot of airsoft videos on youtube recently and decided that i'd like to buy an airsoft gun.

I've never owned an airsoft before so i'm not really sure where to look to buy or what to even get. I am willing to spend between £100-£150.

If you could recommend me some guns and some sites to buy guns from that would be much appreciated.

Everyone will recommend the G&G Combat Machine M4s / G&G MP5A4. You could buy a transparent G&G CM16 (VCRA-compliant, so no defence needed) from Pro Airsoft Supplies (excellent retailer) for £100, or if you have a defence then Zero One Airsoft sell them too.

ICS Sportline guns are similar to them and around the same price I believe.

You will however need to buy a battery and charger too (there should already be a lot of threads on this so you don't need to start a new topic, but Component Shop are a great site to take a look at)

If you can though since you are new to airsoft I would say try to go to a local shop if you can and get a feel for different guns. There might be a particular firearm you like the look of but you might not actually like the feel of it if you haven't handled one before.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the useful information. The G&G guns that I found that appealed to me were all out of stock....everywhere.... which is a bummer.

I searched some more on my own and happened to find these:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/electric-airsoft-gun/cm028c-cyma-cm28c-airsoft-electric-gun.html#.U-xBRvldVcg

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/electric-airsoft-gun/ak-m4-sir-ak-m4-sir-electric-airsoft-gun.html#.U-xBlvldVcg

The CYMA CM28C looks pretty good but I can't seem to find any real reviews on the gun anywhere so anyones opinion on it would be really helpful.

Other than that, I think heading to a physical location where I could get a feel for the guns is probably a good idea. (Thanks for the welcome also)

• Supporters

Yeah don't buy from places like Onlybbguns or even worse JUSTBBGUNS. Use Zero one airsoft they have a lot of CM types

• Supporters

Can I ask why you don't recommend onlybbguns or similar sites?

It's cheap nasty crap mate personally I'd stretch to £150 and get a G&G CM16 or CM model possibly even GR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.