Which holographic sight?

Ushers99

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I'm new to airsoft and after a holographic sight? Are these any good? I've just bought a vfc hk416 CQB and it's awesome and the iron sights are pretty good too so still debating the holographic sight and whether it's worth it?

Do I go for a G&P 553 or a cheap Chinese copy like the eotech 553?

Cheers,

Jon

As above, they are pretty much all the same. Get the cheapest

edit: 553 probably looks best though

They all do the same thing. I've used real holographic's in the military and cheap £30 ones aren't that different. Just made out of cheap metal and have a green sight rather than a night vision function.

Both Chinese replicas and G&P replicas do the same basic red/ green dot function with a few brightness settings. Obviously G&P will use slightly better materials though.

As you probably know different Holo sights take different batteries so really you want to ask the question 551, 552 or 553? It's all depending on what batteries are more/ easier available to you.

I personally wouldn't buy a G&P Holo and rather buy a cheap Chinese one along with an EOTech x3 magnifier.

You'd be surprised. I'm a big g&p fan but their optics are awful, probably just re-branded clones to be honest.

Hm, would of expected them to use better materials after seeing how well built most of their guns are? Guy in my squad has had a G&P AimPoint since the beginning of time.

If you decide to buy a protector for it (which is probably a good idea) then go for the flashkill type rather then the plastic lens cover.

I've had two of the plastic ones and they were both shit, badly warps whatever you're looking at, the metal mesh flash kill however is rather nice.

I'm not a 'down site' person to be honest, I keep my head high and use the stream of BBs to guide me, although now the idea of accuracy is being pointed out, I want to try a sight or two, test the water y'know; I reckon I'll like it.

i have got a g&p one and a clone and to be honest there is no differance i could see apart from the markings and the g&p came with better battries the build looks the same to the point that it looks like they were built in the same factory

Edited by almurry

I have a G&P aimpoint (you can read my review in the reviews section) and its pretty low quality. I highly doubt their eotech clones are anything special either.

cheap real EOTechs don't exist, cheap chinese clones can be found on ebay.

That's what I mean,

I don't want a real eotech on a BB gun....

• Supporters

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=551+airsoft&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=551+airsoft&trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X551+airsoft

Just change the number for the model of EOTech you're after, 552 and 553 are probably your best options as they take easy to get batteries (AA & AAA).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.