First time opening a gearbox

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You know about the position of the gears and the selector lever being in the right places before you put it together? I found getting it apart dead easy, but putting it back together, well that requires a little more knowledge. Not much, its not super complicated but you need to know a few key things.

Been there, done that, got the badge! Sat doing the same, youtube on the laptop. Step by step guide. Viewed it, did a bit, viewed some more, paused, did a bit. Then picked the pile of pieces up and took it to a mates house for him to fix! Doh. Must admit though, I have the attention span ........................Oh look a squirrel!!

It does get easier after the first 5 or 6 tries!! If you have any AEG's left that is!

• Supporters

No point in putting back together yet really. I'm waiting for the gears, bushes, bearing, cylinder and spring guide to arrive

You really have fallen down the rabbit hole, haven't you!

• Supporters

Reminds me of my JG M4.. Gearbox locked up, took the gearbox out, checked everything, put it back together, gearbox locked up again. Repeated those steps four more times until I stripped it all down and sold the parts on ebay. :unsure: Made a profit though...

Lol I won't give up on it. I work in engineering on the docks and know a couple people that's stripped these gear boxes in the past.

Hopefully te MOSFET arrives today to start on it

yer it will be alright, my local shop, re did my wiring and greased it up then put it all together with a new piston for all of £5.

Mosfet fitted and tested. It worked! - HURRAY!! I had trouble with the extra wire. It wouldn't fit in the gearbox so I've had to cut 2 locating pins off.

UEjdeO.jpg

Waiting for parts sucks!

Reshimmed with new gear. I took the mosfet off, weren't happy with my soldering job. I'll get someone at work tonight to redo it tonight.

I put it all back together, it was so easy with the use of grease :)

Rewired the mosfet in and put it all back together. IT'S ALIVE!

Tooks me a few hours this evening. As someone previsouly said, the wires that came with the mosfet are huge. So big that the first time wiring it up and trying it the motor cut through the wire. I had to strip it all down again and got some 0.75mm red and black wire from work. The wiring job is appauling to be honest, not my proudest work i've done. I found it really fiddly and had to reuse the original motor clips as the ones with the mosfet broke (probably my fault).

Anyway, I'll have to try some round through it tomorrow when I'm home. Not too sure if I've gained any ROF yet (Changed the gears, bushes for bearings and shimmed it while it was open) but atleast it's ready for 11.1V lipo and a lonex A1 motor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.