Taking apart Marui M16VN

rockpenguin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I've owned my airsoft gun for about ten years and just use it for target shooting in the garden. Its developed a little barrel wobble down the years, and i've been looking to fix it having done some research online. However, embarassingly i don't seem to be able to separate the upper and lower halves of the receiver, let alone try anything else! I've removed the front and rear pins and the magazine release catch as suggested by a number of videos I found online, but trying to either slide or 'lift' apart the two halves, they'll move about 2-3mm and then i'm meeting resistance which feels to me like something which doesn't want to just be pulled apart. Anyone know if I need to remove something else? Don't want to pull too hard and break it when i feel like i don't know what i'm doing. Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers for reading, your time much appreciated.

~RP

P.S. Tried to attach a photo but doesn't seem to want to let me!

There are a couple of grub screws which may need tightening where the barrel slots into the upper receiver, you should be able to sort them using an allen key if you pop the front handguards off. That model has a 2part hop unit so if you need to split the upper from the lower you may need to push the upper part of the hop unit forward via the ejection port while carefully pulling the back of the upper receiver upward taking GREAT care not to damage the lugs that locate with the rear receiver pin and also locate into the cutaways in the gearbox. Once these lugs are clear of the lower and the gearbox it should be possible to prise the lugs outward slightly to slide the upper forward off the lower. It's a hamfisted method which is harder to explain than do tbh!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.