Bolt SR47

Frosty0769

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What are people's views on the quality of Bolt. I have seen a Bolt SR47 an was wondering if anyone had any experience of their products in relation to the build and performance?

Thanks

Frosty

I don't know very much about the bolt AEGs since I've yet to molest one,however one bit of information going around,that's been proven pretty well is that the gear train is utter sh*t. Bolt/LCT(The OEM according to several reviewers and WGC shop) cut costs on gears and mixed metals that generally shouldn't be mixed.

Example,the spur gear is made out of stainless steel,not heat treated. Good right? except it contacts a heat treated carbon steel sector gear that chews up the spur gear. Not only this but the spur's teeth are not very big and have a bevel to allow more tolerance/forgiveness for poor shimming. The pinion gear and bevel gear are sintered steel which is weaker and not as dense as stainless steel,so the bevel could be damaged by the spur or vice versa,I'm not sure if the bevel is heat treated.

Aside from this internal quality has been met with 'meh' to acceptable. The recoil mech is designed similar to the modify tremors kit, however bolt and LCT did a decent job at keeping it reliable by changing some things like recoil weight position and not breaking all the time,bar the crappy gearset.

They kick really hard and external quality is top notch from what I hear,but a it pricey for what you are getting. KWA and Tokyo Marui recoil shocks are much more reliable and better options.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.