Site rule

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was looking at a sites website I visited last year. At the time I thought the site was fairly new so some of the rules that they enforced and I thought didnt make much sense I figured they would learn from feedback eventually. Except now on their website which has been updated since last year states the following;

Marshal interaction
At any time in the day a marshal may come up to you and tell you that you are dead, this may be because you are standing in the open and bbs aimed at you may be falling short. In these circumstances we have adopted what’s known as a ‘tactical kill’. This is to encourage players to use the cover and approach a more realistic and tactical style of play, as we know in real life a round can travel for over a mile.

I've never heard this rule anywhere else before. So basically If i shoot at your direction and I cant hit you you're still dead?

Has anyone else heard rules that just don't make sense?

• Supporters

Name and shame the site. That rule is bollocks.

When I was there last year they had a 'No shooting on the stairs rules', This place is 7 stories high. I didn't kick up a fuss about that, it was when I was getting shot at whilst I was in the stairway but got told by the marshal I werent allowed to return fire.

The owner had a poll the other week about turning the stairs into single shot only area, I'm pretty sure majority went with the rule.

No shooting on stairs is sensible. getting shot on the top of the head is unpleasant and there's the risk of trips and falls to consider. The Courthouse in Bristol has something similar but it's 'try to avoid shooting down at people on the stairs'.

No shooting on stairs is sensible. getting shot on the top of the head is unpleasant and there's the risk of trips and falls to consider. The Courthouse in Bristol has something similar but it's 'try to avoid shooting down at people on the stairs'.

Yes but how do you get out the stairway when you open the door and get peppered straight away. I shot back and was told my the marshall i weren't allowed.

Yes but how do you get out the stairway when you open the door and get peppered straight away. I shot back and was told my the marshall i weren't allowed.

Well then they need to add cover to the doorway. If that's how they enforce the rule, they need to design the site in such a way that it is workable.

Well then they need to add cover to the doorway. If that's how they enforce the rule, they need to design the site in such a way that it is workable.

Maybe they have done, I won't be going back any time soon to find out :)

• Supporters

IIRC Red1 have a rule stating you can't fire from one floor to the one above or below. You can fire on the stairs and at the stairs between the floors but not from one to another. I kind of liked the idea. They hung scaffold net from the top floor to the bottom so you couldn't anyway.

The rule about rounds falling short is Crap and I can't see how it would work. The marshals must be running around the site all the time checking on direction of travel.

The sandpit has a bit in briefing that sounds similar but isn't (and it isn't a rule as such). If you are behind a crap piece of cover that stops a bb but wouldn't stop a real bullet in the real world then you really ought to call it. They mean things like leaves or a bramble branch or something. It's your call to make and it tends to make people either be honest or find better fire positions.

I was looking at a sites website I visited last year. At the time I thought the site was fairly new so some of the rules that they enforced and I thought didnt make much sense I figured they would learn from feedback eventually. Except now on their website which has been updated since last year states the following;

Marshal interaction

At any time in the day a marshal may come up to you and tell you that you are dead, this may be because you are standing in the open and bbs aimed at you may be falling short. In these circumstances we have adopted what’s known as a ‘tactical kill’. This is to encourage players to use the cover and approach a more realistic and tactical style of play, as we know in real life a round can travel for over a mile.

I've never heard this rule anywhere else before. So basically If i shoot at your direction and I cant hit you you're still dead?

Has anyone else heard rules that just don't make sense?

I've come across something similar...
A few years ago, the final straw for never wishing to play at Team Fireball again was having every player lectured by one of Team Fireball, with one of his mate's as Chief Marshall stood next to him, for not taking hits...
The guy explained that he opened up an one of the enemy team at maybe 10m distance, but that a dense area of bush and undergrowth deflected/stopped the BB's. However, said the Team Fireball chap '...you know, if real 5.56mm bullets were fired from that close a range, they would have gone through no problem, so, you know, you should play in the spirit and take your hits'...
This to me, is utter tardation and risks making games unplayable. BB's shouldn't be treated as imaginary bullets, whereby if a player deems the real world equivalent to their RIF would have hit you, you're thus dead... 90% of all airsoft 'hard-cover' is thin wood or metal.
In fairness, that was some years ago now. They may have removed their head from where it was lodged by now. But IMHO, it is troubling that some sites are still drifting towards such imaginary based nonsense.

Well, that rule is a load of tosh. I could also see a guy who's shooting someone, but it's falling short, then calling over a marshal (who may be a good friend) and say "I could move up slightly and take him out, but I CBA to do so, can you do the tactical kill on him so I don't have to move my fat ass?"

Another one off the list then - shame that CQB site looks interesting

It may well be that they put that rule in there just to help the marshalls out when dealing with guys moaning about someone not taking hits. It allows then to use discretion to decide that person is dead or not, without having to accuse anyone of failing to take hits. It may actually be a sensible rule if the marshalls use it the right way. It also allows them to deal with those fat blokes who always stay out of range and shout at everyone to move up :D

Lolololololololol what a ridiculous rule! Wish people would stop trying to apply real steel logic to a plastic pellet game! Yes we like a degree of realism but there reaches a point where it gets silly.

If a guy is out of range, ultimately you need quit camping and come out a get him! This sort of million mile range rule is there to protect the campers who ultimately sit in one spot lob shorting everyone else

This rule makes me wanna kill myself lololololol

I've come across something similar...
A few years ago, the final straw for never wishing to play at Team Fireball again was having every player lectured by one of Team Fireball, with one of his mate's as Chief Marshall stood next to him, for not taking hits...
The guy explained that he opened up an one of the enemy team at maybe 10m distance, but that a dense area of bush and undergrowth deflected/stopped the BB's. However, said the Team Fireball chap '...you know, if real 5.56mm bullets were fired from that close a range, they would have gone through no problem, so, you know, you should play in the spirit and take your hits'...
This to me, is utter tardation and risks making games unplayable. BB's shouldn't be treated as imaginary bullets, whereby if a player deems the real world equivalent to their RIF would have hit you, you're thus dead... 90% of all airsoft 'hard-cover' is thin wood or metal.
In fairness, that was some years ago now. They may have removed their head from where it was lodged by now. But IMHO, it is troubling that some sites are still drifting towards such imaginary based nonsense.

Sums them up perfectly!

It may well be that they put that rule in there just to help the marshalls out when dealing with guys moaning about someone not taking hits. It allows then to use discretion to decide that person is dead or not, without having to accuse anyone of failing to take hits. It may actually be a sensible rule if the marshalls use it the right way. It also allows them to deal with those fat blokes who always stay out of range and shout at everyone to move up :D

Fair point, possibly... But alas, by this site's rule, if said gobby chubber is taking cover, they get left alone. :)

It's a shame really, its a good site and pretty innovative with their ideas and the guys that are running it have their heart in the right place .... they just fail to pull it off well enough.

Their resident evil game is really well though out and fun, but let down by the shoddy organisation, communication and 12 year old marshals with a superiority complex who want to marshal and play as the team leader.

When I have played, shooting was allowed on the stairwell, and blind throwing a BFG was the preferred tactic.

Their underarm knife throw kill is a bit controversial too. But at least they are thinking outside the box and not just following the same monotonous rules that the majority of sites seem to copy and paste.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.