Other Players - Best, Worst? Why?

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This topic appeared appeared quite unseen on the airsoft subreddit, and I'm converting the question into a more open-ended one for you lovely people to share your anecdotes about other players.

Who was the nicest/worst player you have came across in your airsoft 'Career' and Why?

I know a keen chap I believe 15 nice bloke buy he was wAaaay too keen. Told me to start pepper potting with the enemy sitting behind a barricade 10 feet away while I was behind a tree. Did as I was told and got hammered with BBs. No idea why I listened

I know a keen chap I believe 15 nice bloke buy he was wAaaay too keen. Told me to start pepper potting with the enemy sitting behind a barricade 10 feet away while I was behind a tree. Did as I was told and got hammered with BBs. No idea why I listened

I've been in the same boat. Over aggressive players pushing their strategies onto you. I had one just a fortnight ago, Bearing in mind We had control of a flag and we sat there watching it. Just us two versus about five others, If they get both of us, they win by default, If they don't push in and get the flag on time, We win. So there I am, sitting there playing passively; trying to sit them out, and he is getting seriously angry at me for sitting back.

Yep, (now on ipad so I can type easier) he was getting angry because I was holding back, and he told me and a mate to go and pepper pot into their base. A) it was a dumb idea because I could see them and I knew it would never be possible, there were a few shrubs here and there but you were just asking to be taken out

B) if we hd of waited it out we would have won ( 3mins till the game ended and another bloke flanked around to finish the game once we were out)

C) i don't appreciate being yelled at and then getting hit 5 times at 5 yards, bloody hurts ( there was no chrono for some reason at the so could have been any fps)

Lol I'm often at the front trying to get the rest of my team to push up. I do hate it when people like that sit at the back and shout it, I mean come on get off your arse and push up yourself. There was this one guy who back in the safe zone was on a bench near me who was just constantly complaining about people not taking their hits. Although they never consider that their rifle just may not have the range to hit someone.

• Supporters

This one guy, pretty fat.

Always yells "Push forward!!!" when he is sitting back behind the entire team.

always yells "take your hit!" at whatever he shoots at.

I think we all know one like that.

Worst I've seen was Captain Teamkill at the Malls.

• Supporters

I played this game where i'm dead waiting out of bounds with players on the other team. They start messing about shooting, keeping in mind we are at best 5 metres out of the game area. Then one guy proceeds to fire 10-15 shots at a wall that's crossing into the game area. 5-10 of the shots ricochet and hit my team mate along the side of his head and face where his mask ends(he's less than 10 metres away). As soon as I realise what's going on I say "mate you are shooting someone in the head round the corner" the guy just grunts and goes "oh well"

It's not that bad in the scheme of things but I was fuming and I wasn't even the one getting shot. The kid that shot him was lucky the player who took the hits was cool, as I'm sure a lot of players would have flipped out in that scenario.

You tend to meet the best sort of players in WW2 games. Last game I went to, our squad was trying to keep the right flank of the other British squad safe and they were taking fire from their left flank (where the Americans should have been). We therefore swung round to outflank the Germans on the right. A head pops out of a bush right by us and asks us very politely if we wouldn't mind not trying to outflank them as the German side had a few people drop out due to illness and gun malfunctions.

a ). He could have taken us all out as we hadn't seen him.

b ). In what other type of airsoft game would such a request be considered

c ). Why can't the Americans stick to the plan?

• Supporters

The good players(and marshals) are definitely the ones that make Airsoft as enjoyable as it is. The second game I played someone lent me his M4 for the day plus a stack of mags. The game after that another player lent me some mags and lent out some other kit to people who had forgotten bits and pieces.

As much as I get pissed of by players blatantly not taking hits I definitely think the amount of players that just want to have a laugh and help people out outweigh them massively.

I ran into this piece of cover, and a few seconds after I get hit on the side of my back, which is facing the wall of the cover. I call hit and stick my hand in the air but I am 99.9% certain all the enemies are behind that wall so I just can't understand how I got shot. Then I hear the ping of a ricochet BB off a barrel on the corner. Turns out the guy was using the barrel to shoot around the corner at me. I called back in and proceeded to carry on fighting. Totally against the spirit of the game, just looking to get ricochet hits in that way and hope the honourable people take them not being sure where it came from.

There are always the ones who have bucket loads of kit and seem to change guns for every game. We have one at Skirmish. Nice guy and all the kit and advice you could ever wish for but in the game he's always shouting do this and do that, while he is in cover. Being ex-Forces myself, I find that when the game starts I hold back and see whats going on, make my decision and stick with it. If I get hit, I take my hit and learn from what I did wrong. It does make it easier if you seen where you got hit from and the guy is camping. Revenge is sweet. A good thing happened the other month though. We were playing the fort on the attacking team and everyone was bunched up. Seen as it was kill the VIP, both teams were in attack mode, which is always good. We had a quick huddle for QBO's and ended up advancing in extended line, pick your cover if it gets messy and pick and call your targets. It worked upto a certain distance and we broke down into pairs and chose an entry to go into the fort. One foot on the ground and all that, fire and cover.

This was one occasion when people were a little stuck and stayed with the plan. More often than not it goes out the window, but when it works it makes you feel good and gives other people not used to the game an incentive to come back.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Supporters

I ran into this piece of cover, and a few seconds after I get hit on the side of my back, which is facing the wall of the cover. I call hit and stick my hand in the air but I am 99.9% certain all the enemies are behind that wall so I just can't understand how I got shot. Then I hear the ping of a ricochet BB off a barrel on the corner. Turns out the guy was using the barrel to shoot around the corner at me. I called back in and proceeded to carry on fighting. Totally against the spirit of the game, just looking to get ricochet hits in that way and hope the honourable people take them not being sure where it came from.

I quite often will shoot directly at cover people are behind with the intention of keeping their heads down. The sound of BBs hitting cover is a pretty guaranteed way to keep someone from peeking.

I highly doubt that someone will have been fishing for hits with ricochets, they were more likely just trying to suppress you.

Worst Pratt I ever met was a guy who before every game would brief our team as to how to play that game to best effect. He spoke with assumed authority and oddly spoke with a hatred as if the other team were genuinely the enemy using phrases like "I don't want these cnuts to go home thinking they beat us" and stuff like that. Most of us ignored him but a lot of the younger guys would listen. He even refered to them to they're face as CANNON FODDER to allow the better players to be more effective.

Seriously, this guy needs to find a girlfriend or something because airsoft is clearly taking up too much of his little life!!!

i remember a kid who unknown to him i remember from having done youth work where he lives and i remember him punching me in the balls... fun kid... anyway he came to our site and proceeded to shout orders at everyone and scream cover me when he came under fire(thats what happens when you give orders, you give your position away....) lets just say i may have left wide gaps for him to be flanked... lol

then you get at the like of our last 'milsim'. 3 entrances into the enemy controlled ground. i was one of our sides team captains and we were supposed to be the quick response. anyway the 3 gates got efficiently shut down by the enemy. me and another regular were the only ones left at one of the gates as everyone kept probing to get through the others. eventually the defenders wondered off looking for kills and glory at the other areas leaving a skeleton force, and my team mate went for it. when i noticed he was away i followed. between us we cleared the site and finally managed to take down some objectives. and all down to the player that chose the harder path and was patient and skilled at it. respect for them over those who just go for glory....

I'll just stroll up with my own one now.

So this person is my friend, but he is a massive 'Codsofter' and some of his actions are truly uncalled for.

One time, particularly memorable amongst his other individual acts of attempting to make history. He is rather heavy on the trigger, And 2000 rounds for 3 hours of play should be all you need, I normally leave with about 1000 left, which in turn I store at home, In the hope of one day playing at a different site in my area.

So he uses up all of his 2000 BBs in less than 3 hours. He heavily sighs, Throws his hand up and walks to the marshall. who is at the time, fairly far behind the enemy lines.

He approaches the marshall and asks for BBs, Upon being declined, The Marshall suggested that he could go for knife kills for the remainder of the round before he can sort out more ammo.

So on the way back to our respawn, He knife-kills all of the enemies behind their cover. Literally using the marshall as an excuse to get behind them.

Thankfully, The marshall; Upon hearing the complaints, Let all the players respawn where they were before the wrath of 'Codsofter' was unleashed upon them.

In a rage-fuelled conversation with one of the victims later that day, I was informaed that he ran his finger across their throats while whispering "Knife Kill" ...

I didn't know what to say. He brushed it off as a tactical decision that went wrong. Seriously?

I'll just stroll up with my own one now.

So this person is my friend, but he is a massive 'Codsofter' and some of his actions are truly uncalled for.

One time, particularly memorable amongst his other individual acts of attempting to make history. He is rather heavy on the trigger, And 2000 rounds for 3 hours of play should be all you need, I normally leave with about 1000 left, which in turn I store at home, In the hope of one day playing at a different site in my area.

So he uses up all of his 2000 BBs in less than 3 hours. He heavily sighs, Throws his hand up and walks to the marshall. who is at the time, fairly far behind the enemy lines.

He approaches the marshall and asks for BBs, Upon being declined, The Marshall suggested that he could go for knife kills for the remainder of the round before he can sort out more ammo.

So on the way back to our respawn, He knife-kills all of the enemies behind their cover. Literally using the marshall as an excuse to get behind them.

Thankfully, The marshall; Upon hearing the complaints, Let all the players respawn where they were before the wrath of 'Codsofter' was unleashed upon them.

In a rage-fuelled conversation with one of the victims later that day, I was informaed that he ran his finger across their throats while whispering "Knife Kill" ...

I didn't know what to say. He brushed it off as a tactical decision that went wrong. Seriously?

I think you need new friends before he turns into the next Jack the Ripper.

he ran his finger across their throats while whispering "Knife Kill" ...

I like this kid.

To be fair I have seen well established "experienced" players use the marshals as both cover and as a way to change position to the opposite side of the field dubiously.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.