Another recoil M4!

Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Don't know if this is new or not, but Lonex are developing a recoil M4. Looks like it kicks quite hard, probably not as hard as a Bolt M4 or a Marui recoil M4.

Thoughts? I personally don't think we need more recoil M4's on the market.

it is all down to the buffer tube tbh. I think KWA (peeps who made the RM4 with PTS) are doing a Masada which should be cool, they are bringing out a rear wired RM4 too

Lonex generally have some of the best internals out of higher end guns so the bang for buck factor would be better than say,VFC or G&P.

I'm worried that lonex will go for the same TREMORS based design that Bolt went for- Bolt did make some glorious fuck ups in the drivetrain,true,but the design itself is known to be flawed,hence why KWA and TM are the more reliable recoil rifles.

Still,it's nice to see recoil becoming a thing now. Makes guns heaps more fun to shoot. A lot of people a re crying 'muh gimmick' but if it's reliable and fun i welcome it.

• Supporters

This. I honestly don't understand why it hasn't been done yet because it uses the same gearbox as an M4 and is fairly popular.

It's likely down to not fitting the recoil system in it. A solid stock would work but in a more popular sliding stock there's very little room for more than the gearbox

• Supporters

Still,it's nice to see recoil becoming a thing now. Makes guns heaps more fun to shoot. A lot of people a re crying 'muh gimmick' but if it's reliable and fun i welcome it.

The only time I would say it's not worth it is when it sounds terrible. Not sure if it was faulty but someone at my local had a gun with some sort of recoil mech that sounded like he was banging a bag of spanners against a tree when he fired. Any gun that sounds like that would have to kick harder than a GBB for me to remotely consider it. The noise was considerably louder than the average AEG turning over.

All the TM Recoil Shocks i've seen sound decent, not sure about other brands.

• 1 month later...

Lonex have some nice felt recoil there. I think we're a way off GBB recoil as that will require a whole new design.

For people to buy though they need to come in at a good price in order to complete with TM, plus need to offer spares at a good price.

Don't think there's a recoil Lee Enfield bolt action on the market.....

Recoil weapons are AEGs. An AEG Enfield wouldn't really be worth it as it couldn't be bolt action- GBB would be very difficult to do as GBB weapons are based off weapons which are capable of semi/full auto fire in real life, which have moving bolt carriers like the real thing which simulate the recoil

Recoil weapons are AEGs. An AEG Enfield wouldn't really be worth it as it couldn't be bolt action- GBB would be very difficult to do as GBB weapons are based off weapons which are capable of semi/full auto fire in real life, which have moving bolt carriers like the real thing which simulate the recoil

Fair enough....

It would be possible to make a bolt action with recoil, just can't see any company making one unfortunately.

The only way I see it happening would be if you implemented a sealed cylinder into the stock with a spring buffered weight on it that could be forced back by a gas flow from the magazine. That might create efficiency issues though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.