How do you feel after a game day?

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like to play quite mobile, I run and jump in and out of cover all day.

Nertherless by the end of the day, im completely knackered.

I get home, have a shower then eat dinner and sleep from about 7 to 10am the next day lol.

Tired, sweaty and sometimes a little hurt. Unload the car, load the washing machine, have a shower and then some post game admin with the rifle while my Daughter examines the damage. Got well peppered at very close range 2 months ago by my own team. he saw movement in the building next to him and gave me a full auto burst to the back without checking first.

I always empty the car out, take any used hardware... Gun, mags, etc and check, clean and stow. Do the same to my soft kit. Muse on what training I need to do throughout the week, work out if there's something I can design to make things easier/more fun... And by that time, the Mrs is telling me I need a shower... So I do that, and eat some food...

I usually feel quite ambivalent... I don't usually get to play how I want to play. It's hard to find commitment so you can train with people, which leads to sloppy play... I have loads of fun anyway... But I'd have more fun if when... For example... Faced with a couple of guys, and the guy next to me runs out of ammo because he didn't admin reload... He drew his secondary, rather than fingering his rifle and kit, while staring at the ground. lol

I usually pay with a guy that refuses to admin reload because it's too "real steel" and doesn't keep a mag in his pistol in case it falls out... Making it pretty useless. When it comes to clearing buildings... He'll stand outside the door, ripping open all sorts of loud velcro pouches trying to find it, while muttering... Then loudly inserts said mag and racks the (metal, loose, clacky) slide... Cheers chap, I didn't want to be quiet anyway...

I think during the car journey back home is the best time to reflect on the skirmish because when i get home its a case of have supper, clean and maintain the guns and then sleep!

Maybe im just lazy :P

JB

generally exhausted but feeling pretty good especially if i have some cracking kills. always a cheeky pop to the shop for a lucazade on the way home.

how do you feel after a game day?
-What, you guys packing up already?

-COME ON GUYS!! anyone up for a small cqb?

-Let's grab some pizza!

-Blipblop rave, who's on??
-Nice weather for some kayaking!

-What do you mean you're tired??!
-See ya all tomorrow?
..or I just go to the gym then grab something to eat.

Except when I'm using public transport... when I use public transport I'm usually more like thinking "this bag is uncomfortable.. not long to the bus stop.. too hot in here..wonder if those guys think I'm a nutter.. cold drink with ice when I come home....hope I wont get stopped by police (not that I've done something wrong.. but a RIF is a RIF never the less).. why did I pick this seat with no shade / I wish I had a seat.. this bus is slow.. could be having a shower right now - except I'm stuck on a hot bus.."

edit:
reading some of the replies makes me a bit embarrassed that I just throw all my kit into a cupboard thinking I should probably sort it out.. some time.

• Supporters

I'm always somewhere in between a fair bit and an awful lot of pain due to my neuropathy, on top of the aches from using muscles way more than i do usually. But I'm almost always elated also. Even the fuck ups, mine or other people's, don't get me down afterwards, though yeah, there have been a few proper cringers at the time.

There was the time I fell forward while trying to get up and instinctively put my hand out to steady myself, so leaned my full weight on top of the BFG I was trying to escape from just as it went off... the time i did a proper banana-skin-esque feet right out from under me due to BB's stuck in the tread of my boots while running on wet lino indoors at The Stan - thankfully i didn't land on my coccyx just one arse cheek, so i was able to scramble forward into cover, because it would have been even worse if it had got me hit!

I'm usually considering what got broken or lost as well as what i could have done better and also reliving the best bits, talking to Stef who usually gives me a lift, hearing about the day from behind the counter, etc, having a giggle at my or someone else's expense. When I actually get through my door the only kit I take care of right away is to empty my mid-caps so their springs don't get left compressed and often I'll also dry fire my guns until i'm happy with where in the cycle the gearbox stops. But literally the 1st thing i do when i get through the door is strip, take my boots to the bathroom (because the floor is easiest to clean so any mud etc makes no odds) then put the kettle on.

I leave all the rest of my kit and clothing on the floor where it drops in a pile so that I must deal with it as soon as the degree of my pain has lessened (which can take a couple of days - there is a limit to how much pain meds my liver will stand, so the next day i can't take much, which means basically a duvet day). Then I take as much more painkillers as i think my liver can handle and get in bed. Often I fall asleep fairly quickly, but if not, as the analgesia kicks in I get the horn. I'm sure it's because I so rarely get any exercise, so any adrenalin rush reminds my knob that I am still alive...

i always wan to just go to bed after a full day of airsoft i as the day before im on nights doing 10 till half 4 go home go to sleep about 5 then get up at 7 to get a shower food and load my mates car up with all the kit then be on site for half 8 with a stop and mcdonalds on the way after bring awake for so long i get home unload clean the guns have a shower eat dinner then pass out lol

• Supporters

I can't even be arsed with a shower when i get in. I just change the sheets the next day.

If i havent played in a while and have had a lazy week , i normaly wake up the next day feeling like ive just been horse riding for the first time, akey ,saw and a john wayne walk.

but usually im fine now as ive started being more active on a regular basis so i dont feel like a old man.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.