How do you feel after a game day?

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So like the title asks, how do you feel after a game day?

Do you feel;

Tired?

Buzzing?

Eager for more?

So obviously some game days are better than others, you can feel like you had a full fun day or you can feel like it wasn't worth the cash and time and you could have just stayed at home in your pants playing computer games (or whatever it is you do in your usual spare time).

For me (and this may be a bit sad) and this may be the same for others, I like to think back over situations throughout the day and think of what I could have done better.

Could I have handled myself better?

Did I need as much stuff as I took out with me?

Could I have done something different to help to make the game better for me, was a there a different route I could have used etc?

Could I come up with new game types to evolve from ones already existing?

This is just something I was thinking about last night after id got home from my local skirmish, I guess to me it’s like how football is for others talk about it for a while after the game and maybe for a few weeks relive some of the more epic ups or downs!

• Supporters

Normally a post match McDonalds to accompany the mornings McDonalds Breakfast then when I'm home usually a hot shower to sooth the wounds of the day, then uploading and posting any photos or videos I have made before settling down and thinking though the day, what went right/wrong/good/bad/ugly and if I need any kit or accessories for future games then I used to strip and clean all my guns and kit before usually going to bed because I was up at stupid o'clock the morning before.

That kind of attitude is the way a winner thinks, someone always thinking into the situation how it could of improved and always striving for better. Me and they guy i run my team with are the same everything we do is trying to tweak it slightly make it even more effective ect. Why i wana get a helmet cam so i can see if its like i remember lol

• Supporters

Knackered. Otherwise I wasn't doing it right!

More recently my feet are particularly sore leading me to believe the search for decent boots will be continuing. :(

It does usually leave me ready to just book another day straight off or buy yet more bits that I really, really need!

But I ALWAYS take too much stuff with me - exhibit A

2014-08-10073918.jpg

Two multi gun bags (three rifles, pistol and grenade launcher), enormous bag of stuff and a coolbag full of water/monster/goodies. All for a day at the Malls.

Knackered. Otherwise I wasn't doing it right!

More recently my feet are particularly sore leading me to believe the search for decent boots will be continuing. :(

It does usually leave me ready to just book another day straight off or buy yet more bits that I really, really need!

But I ALWAYS take too much stuff with me - exhibit A

2014-08-10073918.jpg

Two multi gun bags (three rifles, pistol and grenade launcher), enormous bag of stuff and a coolbag full of water/monster/goodies. All for a day at the Malls.

gel inner soles! they are a life saver mate :)

• Supporters

gel inner soles! they are a life saver mate :)

Already tried them, the problem is that the boots are too tight across the widest part of my foot. I have enormously wide feet :(

• Supporters

steel toe cap ugg boots? you could allways camo them so its not quite as gay as wearing the ugg boots themselves ;)

Ha! I think I'll be going back to Magnums actually. They've always fitted me quite nicely. The offending items are Meindl Desert Fox boots. Light, comfy with a gel insole but just not the right shape for my feet.

Usually I feel exhausted, I push too hard most days and pay for it in my poor muscles. But I also reflect on the movements I made, the plays I attempted and what I did well and what I did poorly and how I could have done things differently.

• Supporters

Without starting another thread, have you ever done something during a day that you have instantly regretted and kicked yourself for the rest of the day/evening?

I clothes-lined myself on a low branch in front of about 10 people once. Neve mind day/evening, I'm still regretting that!

I was charging, fell down a ditch and pole vaulted with my m4 barrel stuck in the mud :blink: I just got up dug the mud out with a stick, fired a few shots to make sure the gun was still working and cracked on because I don't think anyone even noticed :ph34r:

• Supporters

Reloaded a 40mm yesterday and forgot to re-gas it. Only found out when faced with a bunch of enemy and had the "click.............."

I often feel completely and utterly wrecked after games,especially if it's a 12/27 hr milsim. My legs give out and everything aches. The way it's supposed to be!

On bringing things over,I have one gun bag which I keep in the car. Tent clips on the side of a small rucksack,which is a tiny little thing with only the essentials-socks,''field rations'', tools,spare gun parts and a change of clothes. Usually it's around 5kg of weight so I can hike around with it and still be relatively mobile.

Thing I regret doing is bringing a glowstick to my first 27hr game. Fucker was a lemon,plastic was bubbly and it was obviously not structurally sound. On the jeep ride to the FOB at night I decided to break it open. Enter premature ejaculation. Covered myself and a few guys in that foul smelling shit the chinese pack into those things.

If it's a WW2 game, I will be knackered from the game, hungover from the post game social and tired from not sleeping well in my tent, which you can guarantee I pitched on top of some hidden rock. I then have to get home by train carrying everything before dumping everything in a pile and falling into bed.

By comparison, a normal skirmish is easy. The last one I did, I had a 15 mile cycle to get there, having gotten up at 5am. I was carrying a Lee Enfield and a sten (2 rather heavy guns). Did a day's skirmish in blistering heat, then cycled to the nearest train station (about 5 miles). Everyone else was complaining they were knackered from the skirmish!

I don't really worry about what I could have done better, for me its about having fun. I just find that I'm in a good mood for a few days after a game.

My standard gear:

Pattern 37 webbing, which I wear.

Lee Enfield in a canvas Valise bag

Sten with stock removed fits in a large P37 pack

Ammo, speedloaders and sten mags fit in P37 webbing pouches (possibly chocolate as well).

2 pairs of goggles, gas, 3 batteries for the Sten (it burns through batteries) in small P37 pack (inside Large pack for a skirmish or worn with a shoulder strap if taking camping gear)

Camping gear for WW2 games:

Foam Mat, sleeping bag and Goretex bivvi bag all rolled up together ( I used to take a tent but this saves space and weight).

Mini Trangia + meths

Coffee, milk and sugar

Enamel mug

Spare socks (I can handle 2-3 days in the same clothes but clean socks are a must)

Tins of spam and oatcakes for lunch break

Bacon and bread for breakfast

BEER! (last game I carried a small keg to the game, I was popular)

Hurricane lamp + Parafin

I have to be able to carry all this, to and from stations or whilst riding a bike. It does however give an idea of what it would be like for an actual soldier in WW2 when on the move.

During the game, I will carry 1 gun, sten mags if I'm using the sten, speedloaders pyros and possibly chocolate in my webbing; spare goggles, gas and ammo in small pack. If I wear a gas mask bag, ammo and speed loaders go in it for faster access.

Usually I'm still buzzing so I'm okay till I hit the shower later that night. Then I remember how much my muscles were protesting and they wreak payback haha

Before:

Exited. Cant wait to get to site and catch up with everyone. See what the day brings and prepare for it.

During: Amazed at the sheer proffesionalism of (nearly) every one. Amazed that I can still run around and laugh as if nobody is watching me! Amazed that I got shot in the Arrsse by someone wearing full camo and a Gimp Mask (refer to laughing above). Wont live that down on site for a long, long time!!!

After:

Tired; But elated. Sort kit out. Sort Self out. Sort scoff out. Listen to the girlfriend tell me about her day confined to barracks (not allowed out unaccompanied, because she scares the kids). Switch off and relax.

Spent Saturday afternoon going through my 'gun' and kit bag to try and cut down on the amount of kit I takeout and ended up adding more!

What makes feeling so tired worse is that you have to clean all your stuff and it takes hours. I probably spend more time cleaning and maintaining my kit than I do actually playing the game. Just like in the military its almost an authentic experience because of the small amount of fun stuff with hours of cleaning.

I usually feel sore and tired regardless. Some days I'll be buzzing, some I'll wish I had my money back.

Often I don't like to think on the mistakes of the day, on the same day. I like to leave a bit of time and sleep before reflecting on it all, not least because it gives my emotions a chance to have been worked out on my favourite blow-up doll.

The thing that can weigh the most on my thoughts is what I should have said to other players... Not the non-hit takers or the like, but often people on your own team who try to ruin things by thinking they are Sgt. Ermey or something.

Hard-charging leaders (not commanders - leaders) I welcome... But I don't like geardo arm-chair generals who think that the most expensive RIF, 'authentic' load-out and a high number of Battlepacks on BF mean they can stand at the back of a skirmish (they usually stand at the back) yelling abuse, often at noob or rental players to 'f*cking attack for f*ck sake' etc etc, regardless of the actual situation or what it may accomplish (or not).

I regret not giving them a Christopher Walken style diatribe, telling such tubs of sh*t to calm down, shut up, show some tactical finesse beyond a Lord Cardigan-esq level of creativity, to show some respect to the total strangers they're yelling at (who've paid good money to be at the site), and to put their money where their mouth is and lead by example, and show us how it's done.

But then I move on, and reflect on how I let some dude get an angle on me that I really shouldn't etc...

It's all lessons learned.

I usually feel sore and tired regardless. Some days I'll be buzzing, some I'll wish I had my money back.

Often I don't like to think on the mistakes of the day, on the same day. I like to leave a bit of time and sleep before reflecting on it all, not least because it gives my emotions a chance to have been worked out on my favourite blow-up doll.

The thing that can weigh the most on my thoughts is what I should have said to other players... Not the non-hit takers or the like, but often people on your own team who try to ruin things by thinking they are Sgt. Ermey or something.

Hard-charging leaders (not commanders - leaders) I welcome... But I don't like geardo arm-chair generals who think that the most expensive RIF, 'authentic' load-out and a high number of Battlepacks on BF mean they can stand at the back of a skirmish (they usually stand at the back) yelling abuse, often at noob or rental players to 'f*cking attack for f*ck sake' etc etc, regardless of the actual situation or what it may accomplish (or not).

I regret not giving them a Christopher Walken style diatribe, telling such tubs of sh*t to calm down, shut up, show some tactical finesse beyond a Lord Cardigan-esq level of creativity, to show some respect to the total strangers they're yelling at (who've paid good money to be at the site), and to put their money where their mouth is and lead by example, and show us how it's done.

But then I move on, and reflect on how I let some dude get an angle on me that I really shouldn't etc...

It's all lessons learned.

I once got shot point blank from my own team member because I wouldn't run through a rain of BBs to the other side of this tunnel. The other side was no better tactical vantage than where we were, he did it apparently because 'we were in his way'. Our respawn was literally 10 feet behind him so I shot him in the back of the head when I spawned.

He did say sorry afterward saying he though I was one of his mates that went with him. We all look the same when we wear camo in a dark tunnel...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.