Ares Amoeba AM-009 (Pic heavy)

SimonQuigley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't really know how to start reviews so i'll get on with what you get in the box.

Gun

mHJqzdE.jpg

• 300rd plastic/polymer magazine
  • Basic manual with blow out diagram
  • A cleaning/unjamming rod of unholy length

I also got a ASG M90 spring for it aswell as some new flip up sights.

First impressions

The first thing i noticed about this rifle when i picked it up is how god-damn heavy it is! The receiver and stock are metal whereas the whole forward assembly are metal. So as you can imagine its rather front heavy (to put this into perspective, its like trying to use a see-saw with susan boyle on the other end) Performance was phenomenal very fast ROF and trigger response on a 8.4v but this was mainly due to the built in MOSFET (i honestly have zero ideas on what it actually is)

A quick shooting test to show the ROF/ trigger response

Specs

• 12" full metal OB
  • 12" full metal octagonal key mod style RIS
  • Polymer upper+lower receiver
  • Battleaxe style stock with 2 QD sling mounts
  • 420*blazed* FPS
  • Full metal internals

Trademarks/markings

The gun itself has lots of markings. None of which mention that the gun is airsoft, a generic rifle will usually have "cal.6mm" somewhere or other but in my opinion, to a untrained eye, these could look like real steal markings; and the dummy bullets in the mag window enhance the look even more.

ww7Rkhi.jpg

jgrzi1O.jpg

Eb48QoI.jpg

4mYTVOX.jpg

32pR1rQ.jpg

YyUaGCi.jpg

59GbRda.jpg

Performance

From garden shooting i can tell you its a dream, since i've had it about a week/1.2 and its had around 3000 rounds through it and i've had zero lock ups or problems, apart from mags not feeding but i'll get onto that later. From the manual i can tell you its 11.1v lipo ready but i only use 8.4v 1600 mah batteries for the moment. I'm skirmishing this gun for the first time on wednesday so i'll update this then when i have some answers. One problem i had was the hop up is a little finicky and with this guns 420fps it has a little backward recoil so that does cause it to move out of place, tape will keep it steady though.

Features

This rifle boasts ares' new quick change spring gearbox, which im yet to use but it'll be a further update. Externally you have all the basic features of an M4: Dust cover, bolt, bolt release, mag release, left sided fire selector etc. The top reciever has a look of a VLTOR one to me but i could be mistaken, the lower is a plain m4 style with a few more curves and ridges. Along the 12" handguard there is space for RIS sections. Included are 2x small 1x medium and 1x large. These give you space for torches, grips etc. Due to the shape and length of the stock handguard it does force you to use a Chris Costa style grip, unless you move the base RIS piece forward and use a vert grip but i would assume that could get uncomfortable due to weight distribution. The outer barrel is octagonal and has a standard barrel nut. It uses a clockwise 14mm thread with an included Magpul style QD flash hider (full metal)

Modifications

For the moment the only things i've done to this rifle are change the sights, this is really the best thing to do as soon as you get he gun as the ones included are trademarked "Toys industries" and only have one hole (aperture?) which is about as tight as your dads walet after a divorce. Secondly, i replaced the spring to bring it down to 290-310 FPS making it suitable for indoor play. In the future i plan on installing a 10.5" outer barrel and a 9.5" DD MK18 rail and if needs be, a crane stock.

Cons

The main downfall of this gun is its mag compatibility, it will fit them but when they try and feed, the BB's will spray all into the trigger and gearbox mech so this is something to watch out for when making a purchase. Second con is the loose hopup wheel but is an easy fix.

Thats the end i guess, i'll be updating this regulary with any problems/modifications.

Enjoy!

Just to help tidy it up a little..

"First impressions

The first thing i noticed about this rifle when i picked it up is how god-damn heavy it is! The receiver and stock are metal whereas the whole forward assembly are metal."

I believe you mean the receiver and stock are plastic?

Other than that a very nice review. Can't stand that blue though so maybe once you get a UKARA black it up?

Just to help tidy it up a little..

"First impressions

The first thing i noticed about this rifle when i picked it up is how god-damn heavy it is! The receiver and stock are metal whereas the whole forward assembly are metal."

I believe you mean the receiver and stock are plastic?

Other than that a very nice review. Can't stand that blue though so maybe once you get a UKARA black it up?

Yeah, guess i got a bit mixed up there. Well the plan is to replace the handguard with a black mk18 ris and the stock with a crane/magpul stock.

Yeah, guess i got a bit mixed up there. Well the plan is to replace the handguard with a black mk18 ris and the stock with a crane/magpul stock.

Are you sure that's a good idea seeing as you don't have any licence?

Are you sure that's a good idea seeing as you don't have any licence?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood a 'license' isn't required to manufacture a RIF, purely a valid defence such as a site membership? Is that what you meant by license?

From what i know its 100% okay to replace IF parts for a skirmish, i could be wrong here but i believe it is also allowed to manufacture one if i can prove i skirmish with it (photos etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood a 'license' isn't required to manufacture a RIF, purely a valid defence such as a site membership? Is that what you meant by license?

From what i know its 100% okay to replace IF parts for a skirmish, i could be wrong here but i believe it is also allowed to manufacture one if i can prove i skirmish with it (photos etc.)

By licence I meant a defence, site membership, UKARA, whatever you want to refer to as a right to own and be in possession of a RIF. It just doesn't seem right for someone under 18 to own and be running around with a black gun.

• Supporters

Do people even use Ukara anymore? Seems like such bullshit. Id just change it mate. My only thing in this review id like to see is an actual picture of the whole gun.

What do you use? If bac is the answer you really need to evaluate your first sentence :lol:

UKARA isn't perfect but it's the most widely accepted system and has worked for the last 7 years.

I'm sorry but generally you review something after you have at least skirmished it a while, when I look at reviews I want to know a few things

1 . How long it will last internally and the quality of stock internals

2 . Parts, what will fit with other standard components

Btw 400 fps ? Unless your running it as a DMR good luck and to clarify have you used tape to secure the hop?

I'm sorry but generally you review something after you have at least skirmished it a while, when I look at reviews I want to know a few things

1 . How long it will last internally and the quality of stock internals

2 . Parts, what will fit with other standard components

Btw 400 fps ? Unless your running it as a DMR good luck and to clarify have you used tape to secure the hop?

This was really just a "on first impressions review" so i'll be updating it with longevity etc later on. Its got a +14mm thread and a standard M4 barrel nut (i do believe this was in the review) and everything else is pretty standard. Yeah, it comes stock at 410/420 fps but i have since downgraded to a M90 spring. I taped not the unit itself but the wheel, it is quite loose and sometimes can move out of place to give more hop than you need; So i used a small piece of electirical tape to make usre it doesn't wiggle out of place.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.