Where to find plate carrier?

SCAR_Jester

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry if wrong thread (please point to right one if so)

So I've been looking at the TMC 6094 plate carrier and without the arguments for and against TMC and other brands where can I get this at?

Reason for TMC is I'm on a budget and a tight wad.

I have looked around places but either I can't find good reviews or any reviews

Can anyone help me find a good website or give me any reviews of some that may sell this item for as cheap as possible :D

Thanks all!

-Corky

Short answer, eBay, Amazon, and surplus shops.

You can easily find a fairly cheap place carrier in a variety of patterns all over Amazon and eBay.

Example,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tactical-Molle-Plate-Fighting-Load-Carrier-Vest-Detachable-Multi-pocket-/251278863714?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item3a81632d62

I got this for my son who is still a little too small for it but it does the job. Plenty of pouches for magazines and extra ammo. Even has velcro for patches etc. He uses camping mats cut up to fit and act as a ballistic plate. Gives it some rigidity.

Strong yet cheap.

Example,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tactical-Molle-Plate-Fighting-Load-Carrier-Vest-Detachable-Multi-pocket-/251278863714?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item3a81632d62

I got this for my son who is still a little too small for it but it does the job. Plenty of pouches for magazines and extra ammo. Even has velcro for patches etc. He uses camping mats cut up to fit and act as a ballistic plate. Gives it some rigidity.

Strong yet cheap.

Ah right ok, thanks. I have recently given up on plate carriers (within the last hour) way too expensive, a chest rig or chest rig with an admin pouch would do the job.

To be honest looks aren't of biggest concern but then again I think I'd look damn good in one ;)

Anyway thanks you've given me some ideas!

Ah right ok, thanks. I have recently given up on plate carriers (within the last hour) way too expensive, a chest rig or chest rig with an admin pouch would do the job.

To be honest looks aren't of biggest concern but then again I think I'd look damn good in one ;)

Anyway thanks you've given me some ideas!

Anytime mate. Alternately if you have any family in/ or have previously been in the armed forces you could talk to them?

I gave most of my old gear to my brother and he's used it ever since.

bit pricey for all you get in my opinion then again seems pretty compact.

Well airsoft is an expensive hobby, but I don't think that's a lot for a chest rig. Especially when you're getting the pouches included. A triple magazine shingle would cost you around a tenner, so would each utility pouch. Anything cheaper than £40 with pouches will most likely be just a Chinese rig which probably won't last you nearly as long. It's a shame they increased the price but I'd say it's still worth it.

If you wanted a quality plate carrier it would cost you at least £60-£100+ for one in the UK. (e.g Flyye FAPC, Warrior Assault Systems DCS)

Strikeforce supplies (strikeforce1972 on ebay) have osprey tac vests for £12. Not chest rig or plate carrier I know and they're desert camo. BUT it may be worth a look. Decent pockets in em for mags and you can add pouches whenever.

I think its strikeforcesupplies.co.uk and they have the ebay thing as above. I had one t'other week. Service was good I got it within a couple of days.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.