I'm a noob!

Nathan1710

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm completely new to this forum and airsoft in general apart from mucking about with them as a kid.

None of my mates are into it so will probably be doing it alone unless I manage to rope anyone in, I just wondered, when you turn up to to the sites are they usually a friendly bunch? Do many people go alone or is it normally groups? I'll probably be going to Urban Assault in Upwood, Cambs as that's my nearest.

Cheers!

usually a friendly bunch, some might be a bit snobby, nevermind them. asking people about their guns is usually a great idea :)

I always go alone, except if I pick up friends.. which 80% of them I meet thru airsoft :)

Its like anything, so sites friendly so not so. Just travel about a bit until you find a well run site, the standard is getting better and better in the Uk. Have a look for local teams as well in that area to join they can then help you with kit loadout ect.

Have fun mate most important thing

Regards

Jay

Welcome to the site mate!

Most airsofters are a friendly bunch, but like any hobby you'll get your dickheads now and then. Don't worry about turning up alone - you'll be put into teams anyway so you don't need to worry about being left out.

It does help having a friend or two that you play regularly with, but it's not too much of a drawback for you.

• Supporters

As been mentioned - just go along to your local site and start chatting asking about their guns

"Wow - that is a really nice gun etc......" - they all love to chat or show off about their stuff

have fun - don't take it too seriously and above all play fair - call your hits:

"HIT - Good shot m8" - even though you think jammy bastid where the hell did that come from ???

just a game of pretend soldiers that is all it is, don't worry about being a bit of a noob

I'm a liability and a bit of a nob most of the time but still good fun

• Supporters

Hello and welcome :)

I myself started alone many years ago, I was nervous almost scared my very first day .. But it was probably the most memorable day of my 11 years of airsoft, everybody bar 1 was friendly and helpful happy to accept newcomers to the sport .. The marshals and staff were amazing and very patient with me learning the ways of the force .. My advice is go along and get stuck in, if you are unsure just ask ..ask hundreds of questions and be mindful that there are some idiots about but ignore the egos :) Have fun !

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.