G & G combat machine RK47 FPS

skeeter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me what the CM RK47 fps is out the box. I am looking at buying one, but my site limit is 350. I was wondering if a stock gun would need downspringing.

Some figures I have seen suggest it would but I have also seen stuff that puts the fps at around 325.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I presume you found these statistics on a review, Sadly, there isn't a large pool of UK reviews out there, and most / all US reviews will say the statistics for the US version of the gun, as most reputable companies will make sure the FPS is suitable for the country said gun will be retailing in.

I'd say you'll be fine, As most sites use Combat Machines as hire guns. Most websites also advertise the FPS of the gun in the description area, so be sure you are looking on UK websites too.

Hope I helped :)

Thanks, yawns, it is a great help.

Some of the retailers I looked at haven't got the fps posted but, since I posted, I found a few that did and it seemed to quote around 328. And I looked at g&g site itself. They quote the irish fps ( I assume thats close to the uk one) at 328.

Should be ok. I fink.

......but now I've seen an ics mp5 sportline

......or an asg m14

.......or a cm 16 mod0

........or

.........or

NO stop it! I want an AK

.........or do I?

Thanks, yawns, it is a great help.

Some of the retailers I looked at haven't got the fps posted but, since I posted, I found a few that did and it seemed to quote around 328. And I looked at g&g site itself. They quote the irish fps ( I assume thats close to the uk one) at 328.

Should be ok. I fink.

......but now I've seen an ics mp5 sportline

......or an asg m14

.......or a cm 16 mod0

........or

.........or

NO stop it! I want an AK

.........or do I?

You need to consider that an AK may look cool but is one of the least versatile weapon systems around. No rails unless you either buy a separate rail or railed handguard, or an AK with a rail system already on it.

Iron sights are awful as well as sight picture as the rear sight is so close to the front sight. However! They do have a large magazine and a long barrel though.

For the UK G&G guns target 100 m/s (328 fps). The FPS of my first G&G gun came in at a peak 340 but mostly 335 and my second one came in at 315. Both have dropped 10-20 fps since the initial game. G&G seems to use a 100 m/s spring in its guns for the UK market so it will be mostly CQB (328) legal, certainly after a thousand rounds have gone through it and definitely below 350 out of the box.

You might actually want to increase the spring to be closer to 350 to ensure your opponents don't have you ranged (worth a few meters), depends on the field.

Thanks again fellas.

If I'm honest dedsec, I quite like the plain vanilla look of some weapons so the lack of rails isnt such an issue.

Bright candle, thats a big help. I have a CM 16 carbine too that hasn't done that much shooting yet, but it chrono'd at 338 ish. I'll be happy at those figures out he box for now, I think.

• Supporters

I have the metal bodied version and it came in at around 320fps, it's also an absolute machine.

The range is monstrous with .25s, it makes a pretty nice clack with the blowback and although the accuracy isn't the greatest, you can spam fire it like a pro because the trigger response is excellent, and the spread you get is more than adequate for dropping targets at the extent of your range.

I've modded a CYMA rail set to mine, and an ASG scope mount, so I could stick my EOTech, angled grip and one of the camera to it.

Thanks Ed. I shall probably have to go with the abs version due to restrictions placed by the domestic financial restrictions authority (aka the wife) but you have given me food for thought.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.