Anyone use a battery bag?

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Because im going to invest into a lipo set up want to know if you guys use a battery bag, and if so what is the proper name for them. I just want to use big 4k 25c 11.1s on my gun and my stock tube is crammed with the mosfet wires lol.

Anyone link to a google search of these battery bags on an m4, want to see how people get the wire into the pouch and what they look like.

whats a good pouch to get? and are they relatively cheap?

additionally, i dont want to wire it like this - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m4+battery+pouch&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dnHnU6nVIOic0QXXpIDIAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=943#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=NokpOjjdDBIqfM%253A%3Bc4aG02sEQPXfpM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.shortyusa.com%252Fcart%252Fimages%252F1954.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.shortyusa.com%252Fcart%252Fviewitem.html%253FII%253D1954%3B632%3B436

because i have a sling plate and want to use a sling

• Supporters

yeah thought at first with title it was lipo charge bag too

don't use them but I always keep a very very regular close eye on them charging on a workshop table

a few years off a colostomy bag hopefully....

dunno about a great big battery though, might be wise to consider 2 x decent 2200mah lipo's

can your gun or rather you happy to pump 11.1v through her all time

could get a 9.9v LiFe battery - or say:

1 x 11.1v 2200mah

1 x 9.9v Life battery

one battery may last a full day but that is what you have half time or lunch for

plus all eggs in one basket - bit heavy and if it goes tit$ up you lost ya only battery

no other backup so to speak

yes 2 batteries may cost a little more than 1 great big mother battery

ergh but you got bag cost to add to big mother battery too

or say sod it, loads of gaffa/duct tape and nick ya car battery just going nuts full on mental

keep a spare motor handy if doing this daft idea of mine - no don't do this last bit

yeah thought at first with title it was lipo charge bag too

don't use them but I always keep a very very regular close eye on them charging on a workshop table

a few years off a colostomy bag hopefully....

dunno about a great big battery though, might be wise to consider 2 x decent 2200mah lipo's

can your gun or rather you happy to pump 11.1v through her all time

could get a 9.9v LiFe battery - or say:

1 x 11.1v 2200mah

1 x 9.9v Life battery

one battery may last a full day but that is what you have half time or lunch for

plus all eggs in one basket - bit heavy and if it goes tit$ up you lost ya only battery

no other backup so to speak

yes 2 batteries may cost a little more than 1 great big mother battery

ergh but you got bag cost to add to big mother battery too

or say sod it, loads of gaffa/duct tape and nick ya car battery just going nuts full on mental

keep a spare motor handy if doing this daft idea of mine - no don't do this last bit

I barely understand what you're even trying to say haha!

I get most of what you mean though, get two batteries, smaller but that way if one blows and rapes a cabbage I still have a spare.

Hmm for those batteries you got any recommendations on brands, thinking vapetex/turnigy/cheapy weapy ones

LiFe's are about £21 (£16 + 5)

11.1s should be like £20 or something hopefully

+ charger (turnigy accucel/ imax b6 /some good brand) £25-30

so a lipo set up should cost about £60 ish brand new hmm ok

• Supporters

ebay:

component shop sell on there as well as cloud nine amongst others....

A popular make of lipo's is ZIPPY COMPACT - yellow batteries and are a tiny bit smaller

than same spec Turnigy ones - handy if space is limited/tight

if you have one or consider buying a digital vernier/caliper gauge - quick & accurate way

to measure batt/compartment/stock etc.... - no full blown metal - get a cheapo £4 one - fleabay

then you can make a more accurate decision on what model/type battery to get

main thing is charger - you can buy a cheap charger but will take much longer to charge

ffs - don't get a cheap $5 one from hong kong - some are friggin dangerous

a cheap charger can be about £10-£15 but get it from UK is my advice - if you gonna get into it

then consider a better charger at around £30+ perhaps

you can get a battery/charger for about £25 at a push or maybe 2 x batteries & cheapo charger for £40-£45

(aprox £15 each)

BUT FFS - DO NOT PUT IT CHARGING ON YOUR BED OR CARPET AND GO OUT !!!!!!!!!

LiPo's can be dangerous if they have "blown" but even so there is a slight risk so put them in a bag maybe

but bag or not - on a safe worktop and above all else........

KEEP AN EYE ON IT CHECKING THEM REGULARLY - seriously I may mess about but this is serious $hit

so don't just leave them for a hour or two - feel them if they get too warm/hot

just common sense really but there is a possible risk - not horror stories just being honest as I can

If you were going to use a stock magazine pouch and want to hide the wires, you'll have to run them up through the stock tube to hide them. Then run them to the end of the tube, drill a small hole in the stock itself and pass the wires into the pouch and attach the connector. This will work easily enough if the stock tube is a bit shorter than the actual stock when fully collapsed - you can leave some extra wire coiled in the stock tube to allow you to move the stock in and out too. A rubber butt butt plate will help hide them.

But to be honest, if you're going to that much trouble the best advice has already been given. Wire it into the tube, and buy two stock tube lipos and change over at lunch time. I'm also a believer that you really need two anyway, in case one goes flat or didn't charge properly.

If you were going to use a stock magazine pouch and want to hide the wires, you'll have to run them up through the stock tube to hide them. Then run them to the end of the tube, drill a small hole in the stock itself and pass the wires into the pouch and attach the connector. This will work easily enough if the stock tube is a bit shorter than the actual stock when fully collapsed - you can leave some extra wire coiled in the stock tube to allow you to move the stock in and out too. A rubber butt butt plate will help hide them.

But to be honest, if you're going to that much trouble the best advice has already been given. Wire it into the tube, and buy two stock tube lipos and change over at lunch time. I'm also a believer that you really need two anyway, in case one goes flat or didn't charge properly.

which two skinny lipos would you say i get?

need under 29mm x 29mm wide and high

I run these: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-101mm-long.html

I have D-Boys stock tubes on my guns (cheap!!) and they fit fine :) They stick out a bit, but not a probpem once the stock is on - I just can't collapse it all the way in, but one notch out is fine :)

stock4.JPG

stock5.jpg

• Supporters

ebay item number: 231200027436

component shop on ebay - £12:25 + £3:95 post BUT buy 2 and 2nd one is free

£24:50 + £3:95 = £28:45

BUT THIS IS 136MM LONG !!!! so might be too long !!!!!!!

this is one that was at component shop site

ebay item number: 371072241379

£11:45 + £4 & 2nd battery is free post

£22:90 + £4 = £26:90 me thinks and is 101mm long

OR the slightly safer "beefy" 9.9v Life option:

Ebay item number: 331158322960

bit safer than maybe 11.1v lipo - uses same charger as lipo

but as always check diemsions - hence them digital calipers are the dogs nutz...

got metal and plastic ones

metal paid loads for but use the cheaper £4 plastic one the most - always out to hand

plastic only does 10th mm but metal is 100th mm measuring but most what I need and

the abuse my stuff gets my plastic is my baby - had her years

plastic seems to have auto shut-off - metal doesn't so leave it on after ya done and you

will probably need new watch batteries next time you go use her

well cheap - paid over $6 for plastic & over a tenner for metal version ages ago

fvck me they have come down in price - jeeeezzz all of you lot should have one

• Supporters

I run these: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-101mm-long.html

I have D-Boys stock tubes on my guns (cheap!!) and they fit fine :) They stick out a bit, but not a probpem once the stock is on - I just can't collapse it all the way in, but one notch out is fine :)

stock4.JPG

stock5.jpg

yeah got Fire Hawk and found the G&G stock tube had thicker wall than say SRC stock tube, was just about to swap them over

then thought - wtf lets stick a fixed stubby on there and then shove any battery in there - not so sexy as G&G VS-02 stock

but same size and less hassle to change battery quickly

probably not ideal for M4 coz can't adjust fixed stubby but for mainly cqb quick point n shoot it seems to be fine

did have a post with it all on but can't find it atm

think I have said enough on all this battery malarky and you lot probably fell asleep in some coma I reckon

(I'm the guy on airplane that everybody hangs/shoots themselves when Ted Striker starts going on....:))

ebay item number: 231200027436

component shop on ebay - £12:25 + £3:95 post BUT buy 2 and 2nd one is free

£24:50 + £3:95 = £28:45

BUT THIS IS 136MM LONG !!!! so might be too long !!!!!!!

this is one that was at component shop site

ebay item number: 371072241379

£11:45 + £4 & 2nd battery is free post

£22:90 + £4 = £26:90 me thinks and is 101mm long

OR the slightly safer "beefy" 9.9v Life option:

Ebay item number: 331158322960

bit safer than maybe 11.1v lipo - uses same charger as lipo

but as always check diemsions - hence them digital calipers are the dogs nutz...

got metal and plastic ones

metal paid loads for but use the cheaper £4 plastic one the most - always out to hand

plastic only does 10th mm but metal is 100th mm measuring but most what I need and

the abuse my stuff gets my plastic is my baby - had her years

plastic seems to have auto shut-off - metal doesn't so leave it on after ya done and you

will probably need new watch batteries next time you go use her

well cheap - paid over $6 for plastic & over a tenner for metal version ages ago

fvck me they have come down in price - jeeeezzz all of you lot should have one

ah cool so should i get the plastic ones as well as the metal ones or just get a plastic n forget about it. plastics £4 and metals only £6, dya reckon the plastics actually better seeing as you use it more:

plastic http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141360420427

metal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400748152930

dead cheap for both lol

i like component shop but £30 for 2 batteries is a bit high. do you know any small Hobby king UK warehouse ones... seeing as im getting the imax b6 and some other stuff from the HK store might as well get batteries and save a fiver on postage. want to get 2 batteries, perhaps 7.4 and 11.1

i can fit about 18cm and 18.8 would be good but only if i can reduce the MOSFET wiring even further... got any ideas to remove the wiring to make it more compact, its bloody well stuffed my stock tube!

neTFXjH.jpg

KI1QeZq.jpg

• Supporters

Either caliper will do - my plastic one is lighter but not as accurate 10th of a mm

if anybody was gonna do plenty of work then both for a tenner is worth considering

the plastic is lighter - no wheel on it but like said it is fine to suss out 18.5mm rather

than 18.57mm for example - but really any of them will do.....

I would advise against batteries from Hong Kong and be careful with chargers from china too

seriously got a cheapo mains one for say £7 or something daft - rattled - bit of solder came

off a track but still good solder on there I thought - plugged it in and lots of buzzing.....

yeah fvck that $hit - straight in bin no thanks to torching my house - lesson learned

batteries - well what come back have you got and waiting 3 weeks etc........

you got nunchuck on a crane stock

121375611135 - ebay item

BUT will 20mm width and 123mm long fit in nunchuck tubes ???

you can see where the digital caliper comes in handy

(depth - use stick/screwdriver/pen mark with finger & measure but you knew that)

now the other 2 batteries.....

the shorter one whilst 101mm long was 20.4mm wide

the other: - 231200027436

was longer but 18.8mm wide - might not seem much but can be a yes or no feckin chance of fitting in crane stock

also you "might" be able to fit BOTH batteries in stock one either side - hell of a quick change if caught out on field

unlikely to both fit at same time but if shorter/cheaper stick works ok at 20.4mm width you might be able to fit 2 in

and quick change - woo hoo

however....

you got a deans connector - most of these batteries come as mini tamiya connectors so you might be better getting

from component shop site and get them to fit deans on there

but you need to measure as accurate as possible the size of them battery tubes - they should be 19mm maybe more

dunno how long though and you gotta allow for wies/connector n $hit to close end

or other option is to fit fixed stubby or full size stock on there but you probably like your adjustable crane stock

or external box but then some of these peq boxes are a bit on smallish size

jeeeeez what is this battery clinic hour - just kidding, but you need to do a bit of homework and measuring first

then look at what real options you want to explore - plus what works for me or others you might not like so I can

only make some suggestions.....

End of the day YOU have to decide what battery will work best for YOU in YOUR gun I'm afraid

get measuring and see what you room you have at present in your crane stock - deans connector btw

UPDATE BUT DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL.......

Measured a similar nuchuk battery I had to hand - note yours may not be EXACT same !!!!!

3+4 battery = 8.4v & diameter is 17mm BUT wire running down battery increases to 19.5mm

the 4 cell stick is 115mm long - dunno how much more room the old crane stock could take

normally any more cells will go to 2 x 4 = 9.6v = both 115mm and if even more a centre cell

4+1+4 = 9 x 1.2v = 10.8v BUT not every stock can do this max nunchuck sizes

that is about my lot - do not take my measurments or battery/stock as the same as YOURS

YOU gotta check YOUR stock and the YOU make YOUR OWN mind up

soz but I ain't gonna have people saying - you said this would work n it don't etc.....

BEST OF LUCK - S D

jesus man you could write an entire book based off what you said! hahah good job

and look mate im not going to blame you if anything goes wrong... relax. I know my stuffs different to yours, even if we bought the same stock there would be a slight difference due to manufacturing tolerances haha.

i can solder deans and rework connections - its a 5m job so that allows me to pick any battery i want..

HK does not stand for Hong Kong, it stands for Hobby King in this instance. I want to purchase the lipos using Hobby King rather than component shop, not only do they have cheaper prices but their postage (£5) is for 24hr del, whilst component shop is £4 for 2 day, rather pay an extra pound and get insured next day! :)

could you help me find some super small Hobby King lipos to fit in the stock.

could you do what you did for component shop to Hobby King (help me by listing out some batteries) and then I can do it all myself from there (not much left after that, measure then hit pay) because you've pretty much already done everything for me! :D

EDIT: woah! just found out hobby king has this fecking awesome tool!! :) :) http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/lithium_polymer_battery_configuration.asp

• Supporters

soz for Hong Kong Fuey confusion....

but Hobby King jeez - what a poxy layout site in my firefox browser - gave up trying to load

most on here use component shop time and time again coz they are good and know their stuff

the postage - well that might also be down to royal mail no longer want batteries sent through their

postal service so couriers for batteries often have to be used - though some places may still try it.

and battery prices - well no good trying to save a quid or so if it won't fit, eg: 18.8 vs 20.4mm

I mean if price is issue then get £4 caliper gauge, look around your house for a 12v psu for charger

you could find say an old router 12v psu @ 1.5amp but will take longer to charge than recomended

5amp psu

but soz I have given you some rough ideas perhaps but like I said it is down to you to decide really

Finally on MOSFET - jeez who bloody went nuts on all that spaghetti, plus if using a proper soldered one

then you should be fine to try life or maybe 11.1v if motor can take it - the mosfet will help but motor may

still get the crap knocked out it if it ain't up to it or ratio/spring a bit much

again size/type/voltage is down to YOU I'm afraid - soz

vapex tech send through RM 48 hr, are you sure RM dont allow lipos? which couriers have you used for lipo

hahahah the HK layout is so poor isn't it... its why i asked you - its crazy to find something! component shop.. now thats something i can EASILY take a look at.

i am of course using a proper mosfet, paired with my a2 no noobie shit here. itll be going shs m140 with shs 13:1 gen1s... which is why i would need the extra amps from 11.1s :)

ok so for all the battery stuff aside, do you have any ideas how i can reduce the wiring? im thinking resplicing the back end, and then resoldering new connectors by cutting off a few cm then resoldering from there on.

• Supporters

if ya gonna do that rewire solder then fit a fixed stubby or full size and never worry about bat spec/size

fit ya lunch in there too if ya want, but fixed stock depends on your play style

if ya going for DMR with 140 etc - and SHS high torque motor I presume

then fixed full size would be option looking at gun/barrel length & MED

if cqb like Fire Hawk stubby is ideal setup for me, just now n then stubby is a bit short but nothing major

when out in woods trying to take longer shots but hey I live with it as like I can grab any battery & not worry

sod it if ain't as nice as VS-02 stock, far more practical for me but to each their own

yeah if you gonna unsolder mosfet module then you could look at changing stock perhaps

Again it is all up to YOU - jeez I spent too much on this, gonna sign off coz I have done nothing for last few hours

best of luck

S D

if ya gonna do that rewire solder then fit a fixed stubby or full size and never worry about bat spec/size

fit ya lunch in there too if ya want, but fixed stock depends on your play style

if ya going for DMR with 140 etc - and SHS high torque motor I presume

then fixed full size would be option looking at gun/barrel length & MED

if cqb like Fire Hawk stubby is ideal setup for me, just now n then stubby is a bit short but nothing major

when out in woods trying to take longer shots but hey I live with it as like I can grab any battery & not worry

sod it if ain't as nice as VS-02 stock, far more practical for me but to each their own

yeah if you gonna unsolder mosfet module then you could look at changing stock perhaps

Again it is all up to YOU - jeez I spent too much on this, gonna sign off coz I have done nothing for last few hours

best of luck

S D

Noooo don't go my friend. We have travelled too far for you to leave one question un answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my friend!

hahaha

I am going to purchase these from Hobby King. Any last words before I pay? About £65 all in inc. postage for these lipos, an imax b6 (17) and its PSU (9), lipo bags & deans connectors (5), as well as the following lipos:

2 7.4 1700mah lipos: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26802

3 of these puny 7.4 800mah lipos: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__26721__Turnigy_800mAh_2S_20C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

1 of these puny 11.1 850mah lipo: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__40128__ZIPPY_Compact_850mAh_3S_35C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

Does anybody have recommendations for the setup, should I get 2 11.1s and just 1 800 mah 7.4?

Total cost is £65... its a bit high as it is but not wanting to go higher at all! :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.