Rear Pin Stuck KA

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My KA gearbox is stuck. Have removed the trigger pin, front pin, bolt catch, mag catch, stock screw, stock, upper receiver and motor grip but the damn thing is stuck in there.

the rear pin goes in about 0.5cm and then pops back up. i cant use a light to see whats happening though and cant figure out why its not clear to go through.

selector is on semi/safe mid way to ease the process, no fix. safe is a but hard to budge the selector (apart of the problem) and on safe the trigger is completely jammed and will not move at all, on semi / auto the trigger will not move the trigger trolley at all.

• Supporters

remove hop up too ???

(some of them can restrict the gearbox coming out - so remove lower hop-up if a 2piece one is used)

any pics ???

also what lead up to this - did she just seize up or you just clean/upgrade/replace bits ?

just trying to suss if something broke n jammed or bearing just fell to bits etc......

Something is definetly broke n jammed inside the GB itself. thanks for the help ill try and detail it as much as possible.

Heres an image of the current status. The rear pin keeps popping up once I let go of the pressure on it. I can use brute force but I get about 5mm of movement downwards on the rear pin and then it suddenly will not move. At all. once i let go of the punch it prongs back up

I really cant figure whats going on.. the safe selector is very hard to move towards, semi and auto do not move the trigger trolly and safe does not move trigger at all

pic:

http://i.imgur.com/O2D0sF0.png

O2D0sF0.png

• Supporters

stumped.......

spring looks in position - so it ain't that come out of alignment

can' think wtf could be doing this - it should just be a pin so it

shouldn't be catching - and it just a round bar pin.....

maybe ask somebody like samurai who knows a thing or two about gearbox ???

If I removed the six out of 9 hex screws that lock the GB you think that will help?

Could you send this samurai guy to check out this thread. I don't know full link to his profile :P

What could I do to ensure inside the GB nothing is touching the pin, it may be selector plate jammed the pin into the wrong angle, so when I hit it it goes a little in but is jammed into the metal of the GB

• Supporters

As far as I remember - and it's been years I've taken apart a KA M4 - the pins are locked, so you can't push them all the way through, but they stop right before falling out. They are retained by a tiny spring loaded ball that is held in place by a tiny allen screw.

To take out the gearbox you must remove the rear pin. Maybe this retaining mechanism is screwed in too tight so it won't allow the rear pin to move. Look for a tiny hole on the other side as the picture near and perpendicular to the pin.

As far as I remember - and it's been years I've taken apart a KA M4 - the pins are locked, so you can't push them all the way through, but they stop right before falling out. They are retained by a tiny spring loaded ball that is held in place by a tiny allen screw.

To take out the gearbox you must remove the rear pin. Maybe this retaining mechanism is screwed in too tight so it won't allow the rear pin to move. Look for a tiny hole on the other side as the picture near and perpendicular to the pin.

Thank you very much. Although you did not hve the answer I removed the butterfly clip and then the pin came straight out. Its still self retaining and ideally after the scratches I made on it I would love to remove and replace it, even without the clip it wont fully come out - any ideas?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.