FPS

Josh95

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am going to be obtaining my UKARA in the following weeks and looking to purchase a gun.

My local site has a 350fps limit, I have watched some reviews on youtube of the gun I am interested in buying and the chronograph readings shows 370fps. If i buy this gun is there anything i can do to lower the FPS by just 20? My site has a 500fps limit for snipers so if I bought a side arm for the CQB round would I be allowed to use it with 370fps?

Unless it's got a manual action it can't be classed as an airsoft sniper rifle. And unless the AEG/GBBR isn't locked to semi it can't be classed as a DMR either.

Unfortunately for you you're going to have to replace the spring with an M100/M120 spring to get under the limit.

• Supporters

There's a fair chance that the one you get won't be doing 370fps, what's the gun, and where are you buying it from? Which review did you watch?

A lot of reviews are done in the US where guns can sometimes be shipped with different specs, as they have higher fps limits over there, generally speaking.

Best thing to do would be ask the shop to chrono it, then if it's shooting over your local site limit, see if they'll reduce it for you. Might cost you a bit extra, but you'd have to spend that anyway if you don't want to do it yourself.

dont bother buying a hot the fps gun, no point just save ya self loads hassle and buy a gun thats safe and legal. Also means the gun will die alot quicker

Well yeah..mines 10fps too hot according to previous owner but a Fwiend said he got a spare spring to lower the fps
but canot complain the guy spent 700 pounds on it and i got it for 250 and its a beast
i can lower the fps but it drops to (throwing bbs would be better) fps via a little knob

dont bother buying a hot the fps gun, no point just save ya self loads hassle and buy a gun thats safe and legal. Also means the gun will die alot quicker

Things is almost every AEG rifle seems to be over 350fps thats a good quality one.

• Supporters

Things is almost every AEG rifle seems to be over 350fps thats a good quality one.

Most retailers will fit you a spring to reduce you to the right limit for your chosen site, you'll just have to pay a bit extra.

I've decided just to go with the KWA CQR MOD1, I wanted something a bit different it seems every1 has M4's but the FPS says 330-350 so it seems perfect for me.

any advice as to what battery to buy for it, it doesn't come with one.

I have one of them a 7.4 lipo nun chuck is good too go mine fires 340 fps , but dont think the fps is the distance it shoots my G&G fires 300fps with same range

• Supporters

some cqb sites actually have a 328fps or 330fps limit - 100m/sec

coz cqb is just that less than 20ft engagement usually

and any decent site SHOULD chrono guns.....

no point having a powerful gun you can't use, and fps is just a basic starting guide

your site might be 350 but if you visit another indoor cqb it maybe a tad too hot

some decent 300fps can pi$$ all over badly setup 350fps

Tokyo Marui is a prime example

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.