hoodies?

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i had an idea for better protection above the neck since i currently use a hat, goggles and half mask. This leaves a lot of exposed skin and isn't very tactical. I can buy a woodland camo hoodie which would cover everything that the goggles and mask leaves exposed and it wouldn't look out of place with a CS95 loadout. I am not sure if its actually issue kit although it is possible that they replaced the fleece with it. It does seem to be the same full front zip but with a hood added.

opinions?

I have a DPM hoodie from amazon. It's a children one though. It's good as it protects your skin from bb's but I don't use it much as it's hot. I will use it in the winter though.

• Supporters

Do you mean this one I bought myself from Amazon:

51cFleMYDGL_zps17b2cc58.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooded-Hoodie-Military-Combat-Fleece/dp/B00E9C424A

Warm enough for autumn/winter and cool enough for Spring/Summer .. sadly not waterproof but protects your neck and offers an alternative to jackets/Ubacs

Scrim scarf- Protects the neck, allows airflow keeping you cool, can be used to wipe goggles etc and if you need to hide in a bush you can drape it over your head for improved camo.

that is the one i found on ebay. The hat is annoying me but its more tactical than no hat. A hood does sound like a good solution and since it is full zip, it can be as open or closed as i like throughout a skirmish. The warmth may be a problem but that might be worth living with for the other benefits

I wore a hoodie to my first skimish.. the hood came of quite quickly because of sweat and steaming.. on top of that, it restricts your sight and head movements.. would not recommend.

A bb to the neck wont hurt you... much.. usually.

A bb to the neck wont hurt you... much.. usually.

Unless you get shot in the adams apple, that hurts :(

Scrim scarf- Protects the neck, allows airflow keeping you cool, can be used to wipe goggles etc and if you need to hide in a bush you can drape it over your head for improved camo.

I used to have a scrim scarf, 2 infact and i lost both as they got caught on trees quite frequently.

I made the mistake of wearing a molle vest over it.. You should've seen my face at the end of one game. :rolleyes:

I was sweating under it in my MAV- there was a dark patch the exact shape of the rig on my t-shirt underneath, and this was in February :D

• Supporters

Hoodies always seem to be the rental/newbie jacket of choice but I've never gone for one myself. I wear a UBACS even in December. the amount of heat and sweat you generate in airsoft is right up there with any sport one might name and it's kept in far more than most sports because of things like vests, slings and belts you've got on you; IMHO it's generally best to have a good level of coverage but using the coolest/lightest materials possible (particularly in the summer).

If you've got a mask and hat on then it's only the neck and lower back area of the head left exposed and heat hits will sting a little bit but not as bad as a finger. Get yourself some sort of a gaiter/headover and that'll cover the neck area, 0241 Tactical make some really nice looking ones.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.