NEW TM SCARH Problem.

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys me, again unfortunately! New gun different company this time I opened the box and immediately noticed a rattle like something was rolling down inside the gun around the receiver area, it's hard to pin point where but above the selection switch and forward slightly. Also the little hinge clip inside the butt that holds the battery in place and you wrap you batteries wires around was completely missing. Not really sure if that matters tbh, I still got my battery in but it was a bit fiddly to close it without the clip holding the wires out of the way.

Anybody else hear a slightly rattle or roll in that area on a TM Recoil Shock?

The guy said if it shoots ok it's up to me I can keep it or if I want I can send it back. They also said they will give me about half the cost of posting which was ok!

Return it. Sounds like it was messed around with before they shipped it out.

Listening closer the rattle actually seems to be just above the bolt catch release button. It seems to roll for a while. Really :o damn!

Is this your second TM Scar H?

Yea I finally got a refund for the other so got this from Wolf Armouries

Is there a bb maybe rolling about in the receiver?

I am not sure, don't want to open it up! Any way of telling? Maybe they test fired it before sending but dunno how it would get in there?

I will say one thing this one feeds perfect and shoots perfect! I don't know if I should keep it and just ask can they send me the part for the wire? Or do you think the rattle is something to be concerned about?

That's the recoil weight moving about in the upper receiver,one guy on reddit had the same trait on his SCAR L,didn't impact shooting or performance one bit.

If you want to be 100% sure of an issue,call up Eagle6 airsoft,they're the spets on the recoil shock line and might offer a tip about a fix or something.

That's the recoil weight moving about in the upper receiver,one guy on reddit had the same trait on his SCAR L,didn't impact shooting or performance one bit.

Great thanks! Been out with the gun fired about 100 bbs and it worked perfect as you say accuracy wise etc but still rattling, thinking I might keep the gun and ask for a replacement part for the wires.

On my mobile so cant multi quote but that would be great if you could take a look at yours thanks and much appreciated!

Edited by ItsAJ

Also noticed the extending stock is very stiff and sometimes the push down button jams a bit i wonder had someon tried to fix this and then in the process lost the battery wire holder.

• Supporters

Also noticed the extending stock is very stiff and sometimes the push down button jams a bit i wonder had someon tried to fix this and then in the process lost the battery wire holder.

Send it back.

You shouldn't have to put up with this kind of thing when you pay that much for a brand new gun.

Send it back.

You shouldn't have to put up with this kind of thing when you pay that much for a brand new gun.

I will be honest this is my second scar h that has came faulty and with missing parts, I am worried that if i spend another 30 quid on postage to and from that I am going to get another gun with another problem. Its cost me so much so far.

You're in NI right? If you ever feel like returning this lemon, you also have the option of buying it in a shop in the ROI. AirsoftEire in Dundalk have the Recoil scars for 470 pounds, pricey because of the gubmit taxing us to death,but you can have a feel of it and test it. Last time I was in store they had a box of Scar Heavies but that was before I left for ukraine in May.

• Supporters

I will be honest this is my second scar h that has came faulty and with missing parts, I am worried that if i spend another 30 quid on postage to and from that I am going to get another gun with another problem. Its cost me so much so far.

If it's not fit for purpose then you shouldn't have to pay return postage.

I hear you on the lack of confidence though. I'll buy any old crap online but I much prefer to handle guns and stuff in the flesh so to speak. Unless there's a crap ton of money to be saved buying off t'web then I'd rather be able to look the guy in the eye and say "hang on, this thing feckin rattles, get me another".

You're in NI right? If you ever feel like returning this lemon, you also have the option of buying it in a shop in the ROI. AirsoftEire in Dundalk have the Recoil scars for 470 pounds, pricey because of the gubmit taxing us to death,but you can have a feel of it and test it. Last time I was in store they had a box of Scar Heavies but that was before I left for ukraine in May.

470 is still cheaper than what I payed for it! Thanks for that if the gun is returned that would be perfect for me to get it here, I would rather travel and hold the exact gun than get a dud!

If it's not fit for purpose then you shouldn't have to pay return postage.

I hear you on the lack of confidence though. I'll buy any old crap online but I much prefer to handle guns and stuff in the flesh so to speak. Unless there's a crap ton of money to be saved buying off t'web then I'd rather be able to look the guy in the eye and say "hang on, this thing feckin rattles, get me another".

You got it in one nutshell mate! Even my family member just turned around to me there and said that is what you get for buying from the net lol, but it is true you can't beat seeing something in person and feeling it.

• Supporters

Just checked, mine still has the moving sound inside it when tilted.

Worth noting that on the 3 TM scars I've seen the stocks have been very stiff on each and the buttons are a bit 'mushy', I don't think it's a fault with yours.

Just checked, mine still has the moving sound inside it when tilted.

Worth noting that on the 3 TM scars I've seen the stocks have been very stiff on each and the buttons are a bit 'mushy', I don't think it's a fault with yours.

Okie dokie! You happy with you gun? Rattle ever worried you or not?

• Supporters

Not really worried me as such, just wondered what it was.

Been very happy with it, I don't use it any more as I prefer my m4 instead. I bought the scar as it was a good deal at the time but not it just sits in the garage- nothing to take away from the gun though, very happy with it in pretty much every way- a tad on the heavy side but that's not a bad point really as that's a trait of the rifle if anything.

If I was being really picky I'd say the plastic isn't as good as the vfc and as mentioned the stock isn't great, but one set to a position there's no need to change it so not a really issue in my opinion.

Not really worried me as such, just wondered what it was.

Been very happy with it, I don't use it any more as I prefer my m4 instead. I bought the scar as it was a good deal at the time but not it just sits in the garage- nothing to take away from the gun though, very happy with it in pretty much every way- a tad on the heavy side but that's not a bad point really as that's a trait of the rifle if anything.

If I was being really picky I'd say the plastic isn't as good as the vfc and as mentioned the stock isn't great, but one set to a position there's no need to change it so not a really issue in my opinion.

Thanks , pretty much settled my mind then! It didn't affect my shooting as far as I am aware and the rest I can live with while the missing part can be bought anyway. Leaving really only the rattle which really boiling down to it is maybe me being picky because I spent so much and the last one I had never had it.

That is really nice of you mate, no need to do anything like that though, I'm sure they can't be too hard to find and if you ever sell your gun the fella might ask where has it gone. Appreciate that alot though :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.