Another New Guy - South West

Sappysid101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello fellow airsofters! First time poster long time lurker :P New to the hobby (tho I've wanted to partake for a long time) and must admit I loved it. Only played it the once at Bristol Black Ops and really enjoyed myself, can recommend the site for sure!

Hoping to get a couple of skirmishes in over the summer when the job allows, although I'm attending a weekend event at Bristol Black Ops in September and I'm stoked :D Managed to get a large(ish) group of friends to go with me and looking to make a squad/team and get into that aspect of the game.

- Ant

You should also try Spartan, which is up by the airport. It's a much better site. Black ops is okay but I find it a bit too paintbally with the big plastic containers etc. Black ops Portishead is not bad but everything is covered in paint as it's a smaller site shared with paintballers (messy b'stards).

Also worth a look is Bristol Airsoft, its a relatively small indoor site in the old Magistrates court on Bridewell street. SimonQuigley and I are going down there on Wed (13th). The great thing about Bristol Airsoft is that it's possible to go on Tues, Wed or Thurs evenings as well as Sundays. Indoor airsoft does however involve a fair bit more pain, due to the shorter engagement distances :)

You should also try Spartan, which is up by the airport.

Also worth a look is Bristol Airsoft, its a relatively small indoor site in the old Magistrates court on Bridewell street.

Thanks for the replies, glad to be here :) I've heard good things about Spartan, it's definitely on our list of sites to visit. Will be honest tho I have a couple of mates who've been to the indoor site (nicknamed 'Courthouse' right?) and they really didn't enjoy it. Still, i'm sure i'll give it a go before knocking it :)

welcome young Padwan

Master, I require cookies.

- Ant

I agree with Russe about black ops, spartan is definitely the place to go in the bristol area in my opinion. Its my first game at the courtrooms on wednesday so i'll see about it.

I'm going Black Ops again on the 31st and then i'm looking to do Spartan after. Are you going to that weekend event at Black Ops? And definitely get back on the courthouse, i'm hoping my mate just sucks at cqb and its actually pretty good :)

- Sid

The close quarters fighting at the courthouse is very different to other sites. It also hurts a lot more as you tend to get shot from a couple of meters away. Any experience you have of woodland airsoft is rather irrelevant as the skills needed are so different. It does get a bit boring to only do the courthouse as it's rather small and the games become a bit repetitive but it's worth trying to see if you like it. You will learn quite quickly how to alter your technique and it will come in handy if you ever do a milsim and find yourself having to capture a building. It's quite a cheap option to play on weekday evenings as it's only £12.50 and on Wed it's free for women so it you have a spare gun you can take your GF along.

Well i'm up for giving it a shot without a doubt, weekday sessions sounds ideal really, always have a Thursday off, so could happily airsoft. I think i'll wait until i get a pistol or a smaller aeg more suited to cqb first tho, can't imagine my L85 being much use there ^^

- Ant

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.