Getting an rif under 18

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I haven't tried it tbh, I'm sure there'll be a YouTube video about it or something.

Which I bet has comments disabled lol.

Why do you even think an officer will just randomly pull a perfectly legal driver over and ask to inspect your bag to hope he would find an RIF.

Jesus Christ man, the police have better things to do! They're public servants that don't get enough praise.

Unless you live in Northern Ireland ;)

How do I use fairy spray? Do I have to strip the gun of its parts ? Is it legal for an under 8 if I can provide a defence eg photos

Can you link me to a YouTube video

Is it easier for a parent to buy a second hand 1 from someone not asking for defence

Is it easier for a parent to buy a second hand 1 from someone not asking for defence

I can understand you not wanting to get into trouble so I suggest you respectfully ask your parents to read the VCRA section on Realistic Imitation Firearms and Imitation Firearms via Google so THEY can decide how to go about purchasing an airsoft gun for you, as any comeback (however unlikely) would fall on their shoulders due to your age.

I can understand you not wanting to get into trouble so I suggest you respectfully ask your parents to read the VCRA section on Realistic Imitation Firearms and Imitation Firearms via Google so THEY can decide how to go about purchasing an airsoft gun for you, as any comeback (however unlikely) would fall on their shoulders due to your age.

And in conjunction with the Firearms Act 1968 ( http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27 )

• Supporters

if by that you mean "can I give my mum £100 and ask her to buy me a 2-tone" then yes, that's completely legal.

I don't think that would be `legal'. Strictly speaking, Mum buys a two-tone and then sells it to her son and she would therefore be breaking the law.

For Mum to get into trouble they would both have to be pretty stupid. First the kid (under 18 year old) would have to do something to attract the attention of the police = wave it around in a public place etc. Then, when the police interview said kid, and ask him if it is his gun and how he got it, he would have to reply "I gave my Mum £100 and she bought it for me". Just saying "my Mum bought it for me" would avoid any problems.

Trouble is, when they ask the same question several times in slightly different ways, you start to wonder how much common sense they have.

I don't think that would be `legal'. Strictly speaking, Mum buys a two-tone and then sells it to her son and she would therefore be breaking the law.

For Mum to get into trouble they would both have to be pretty stupid. First the kid (under 18 year old) would have to do something to attract the attention of the police = wave it around in a public place etc. Then, when the police interview said kid, and ask him if it is his gun and how he got it, he would have to reply "I gave my Mum £100 and she bought it for me". Just saying "my Mum bought it for me" would avoid any problems.

Trouble is, when they ask the same question several times in slightly different ways, you start to wonder how much common sense they have.

Don't think he meant the mum would "sell" it to her son, but gift it to him.

• Supporters

I see your point, however, it'd never even get as far as an arrest as it'd be completely impossible to prove either way who bought it with who's money.

• Supporters

Don't think he meant the mum would "sell" it to her son, but gift it to him.

It is not really a `gift; if the son gives Mum the money to buy the gun. If you bought a diamond bracelet for your wife/girlfriend/mistress and gave it to her then I reckon she would be very happy.

If you then said "you owe me £1k for that" then maybe a different response as it is no longer a `gift'.

If the Mum uses the son's money to but him a gun then she is not `gifting' it to him. In practice, they would get away with it. The same would apply if you had a friend taking up airsoft and he gave you the money to by a RIF for him under your UKARA number. What you could do is buy the RIF and loan it to your friend until he obtains his defence and then sell it to him In the meantime he may give you a security deposit (equal to the cost of the gun) to cover any damage etc.

Lots of ways to get round the regulations but not strictly legal.

It is not really a `gift; if the son gives Mum the money to buy the gun. If you bought a diamond bracelet for your wife/girlfriend/mistress and gave it to her then I reckon she would be very happy.

If you then said "you owe me £1k for that" then maybe a different response as it is no longer a `gift'.

If the Mum uses the son's money to but him a gun then she is not `gifting' it to him. In practice, they would get away with it. The same would apply if you had a friend taking up airsoft and he gave you the money to by a RIF for him under your UKARA number. What you could do is buy the RIF and loan it to your friend until he obtains his defence and then sell it to him In the meantime he may give you a security deposit (equal to the cost of the gun) to cover any damage etc.

Lots of ways to get round the regulations but not strictly legal.

But if it was two toned it would be okay right?

Because I think (this could be wrong) you have to be over 18 to buy ANY airsoft gun but unless it's black etc as long as it's two toned you can use it if your under 18.

PLEASE. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

Because I think (this could be wrong) you have to be over 18 to buy ANY airsoft gun but unless it's black etc as long as it's two toned you can use it if your under 18.

That applies to two tone to

any person under the age of 18 can legally own an rif(black) gun just not buy it so your options are be gifted or manufactures gun ( need proof that you are a regular skirmisher)

• Supporters

You are not allowed to SELL an airsoft gun - two-tone or RIF to anyone under the age of 18. You can sell a two-tone to anyone over 18 and sell a RIF to anyone over 18 who has a valid defence. It is the seller who commits an offence if they do not comply with this (even though they may never be caught).

The person over 18 who buys the gun can then `gift' it to someone under 18 - two-tone or RIF.

If someone under the age of 18 gives their parent (or anyone over 18) the money and asks them to buy a two-tone for them, then they would not be able to claim that the gun had been `gifted'. You could argue that if Dad says to his son "I pay £6 every Saturday having my car washed at Tesco. If you wash it every Saturday then after a year I will buy you a gun costing £300" then this is not a `gift'. The Dad is supplying a gun in return for work.

The chances of this type of deal ever ending up with a prosecution are very, very remote but it is not `legal'.

There will always be loopholes. There was a thread some time ago about a pistol (Desert Eagle if I remember correctly). You could not buy one from any airsoft shop unless you had a valid defence. However, there was a company selling them as air-guns which anyone over 18 could buy in a face-to-face transaction. I would guess that the retailer would have argued that the fps was above the limit allowed by airsoft sites but fell within the limits for an air-gun.

That applies to two tone to

any person under the age of 18 can legally own an rif(black) gun just not buy it so your options are be gifted or manufactures gun ( need proof that you are a regular skirmisher)

So I can give my aunt some money and she buys it me. Except she pays half and I the other half. This is the plan for my bday. IS THIS LEGAL?

Getting worried...

• Supporters

So I can give my aunt some money and she buys it me. Except she pays half and I the other half. This is the plan for my bday. IS THIS LEGAL?

Getting worried...

To all intents and purposes yes. Technically it's not 100% squeaky clean, however, neither is driving at 31mph in a 30 zone... and everyone who drives has done that at some point.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.