Best goggles or glasses comfort and seal wise?

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys exactly what the titles says, what are the best glasses/goggles for comfort and have no gaps around the face? I bought the Emerson low pro boogie regulator they have a small gap around the bottom of the lens and the bridge of my nose hurt so 16 quid in the drain! Great looking though!

I know there are a lot of threads of eye protection but I couldn't find anything with this being the main issue, most were about fogging not sealing or comfort.

• Supporters

The problem with someone saying Goggle 'X' is or isn't comfortable is that everyones face is a different shape. What may be fine for you could be hideously uncomfortable for others.

I would personally suggest either something like the ESS V12 Advancer goggles or something more like the Bolle X1000/X800 range which have a thicker foam seal which should conform more easily to your face. Boogie regulators were only really designed as jump goggles for parachuting anyway so they're designed to be very low profile which isn't always conducive to comfort.

The problem with someone saying Goggle 'X' is or isn't comfortable is that everyones face is a different shape. What may be fine for you could be hideously uncomfortable for others.

I would personally suggest either something like the ESS V12 Advancer goggles or something more like the Bolle X1000/X800 range which have a thicker foam seal which should conform more easily to your face. Boogie regulators were only really designed as jump goggles for parachuting anyway so they're designed to be very low profile which isn't always conducive to comfort.

Yea I do a prominent nose so I knew it may be an issue.

I looked at all those exact glasses last night online! That is the problem I have no stores near me or I would spend an hour trying them on.

Are these all ok for aiming down sights with?

• Supporters

Are these all ok for aiming down sights with?

Depends on the gun and the sight. V12s are less bulky than most so that might be an easier choice. The Bolle ones are used by SF and regular forces so they should be fine depending on whether or not you intend to use lower face protection as well (which will make more of a difference to how easily you can get your eye lined up with your sights).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.