Zombie Apocalypse short.

DEDSEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

As some may know but many don't, I have a HUGE zombie obsession. I grew up watching Zombie Flesh Eaters, the original Day of the Dead, and the original Dawn of the Dead and more on VHS.

I'm thinking about doing a zombie apocalypse short movie/ teaser I guess you could say. No action as I highly doubt I could get anyone to play a zombie and even if I could we couldn't do anything near to a decent looking zombie.

So I was thinking I could maybe tie together some "zombie outbreak broadcasts from various films and get some scenes from somewhere along with some I've made myself?

Any thoughts or suggestions on anything I should add, software I should use? Also, what kind of gear would a post apocalyptic survivor be wearing to you?

Thanks!

Hi Mate.

Last year, I went to Birmingham Zombie Walk. It was fundraising for B'ham Children's Hospital, and had professional make-up artists on-site giving people the basic walker look for £5, or a more complex job for £30. 1st attached pic is the £30 job the guy did on me.

The reason I raise this, is that such an event (and they happen all over) might facilitate what you want to do yourself? You'd have ready and waiting affordable make-up artists in the AM, plus the rest of the day to shoot. And if you stick around, you'd have not only potentially hundreds of extras also all Zombied-up, but the urban sprawl available in a way it might not normally be.

What I mean by that is that the local authorities and community should be less alarmed/troubled by you shooting your stuff if it is around such a high-profile properly organised and authorized event such as a Zombie Walk. *I should stress that I am not advocating breaking any laws, nor local ordinances. However, I think it is fair to say that Steve Shopkeeper and Polly PCSO will be more likely to think of you and your mate shooting as nuisance and problem to be shut down if you're on your own, than if you're not too far from such an organised event.

And in terms of post-apocalyptic style, the 2nd attached pic is how I (like to think I'd) roll...

post-9873-0-69771700-1407491745_thumb.jpg

post-9873-0-86705700-1407492220_thumb.jpg

I'm absolutely besotted with zombies too mate. I'll happily play a zombie. My son is the same so if you need a child zombie I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Hi Mate.

Last year, I went to Birmingham Zombie Walk. It was fundraising for B'ham Children's Hospital, and had professional make-up artists on-site giving people the basic walker look for £5, or a more complex job for £30. 1st attached pic is the £30 job the guy did on me.

The reason I raise this, is that such an event (and they happen all over) might facilitate what you want to do yourself? You'd have ready and waiting affordable make-up artists in the AM, plus the rest of the day to shoot. And if you stick around, you'd have not only potentially hundreds of extras also all Zombied-up, but the urban sprawl available in a way it might not normally be.

What I mean by that is that the local authorities and community should be less alarmed/troubled by you shooting your stuff if it is around such a high-profile properly organised and authorized event such as a Zombie Walk. *I should stress that I am not advocating breaking any laws, nor local ordinances. However, I think it is fair to say that Steve Shopkeeper and Polly PCSO will be more likely to think of you and your mate shooting as nuisance and problem to be shut down if you're on your own, than if you're not too far from such an organised event.

And in terms of post-apocalyptic style, the 2nd attached pic is how I (like to think I'd) roll...

That's really good that you did that for charity as well. Sounds a lot of fun I might take you up on that. As far as authorities, I live way out in the countryside so it's not a so much of a big deal.

Me and my son have been thinking about this zombie short for quite awhile now. Thanks for the tips and info!

I'm absolutely besotted with zombies too mate. I'll happily play a zombie. My son is the same so if you need a child zombie I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Mine too haha. If you're around the north of Scotland anytime soon feel free to pop round and maybe we could shoot some zombies scenes? Kids would really like that.

• 2 months later...

After looking at images of zombie survivors

I've noticed that they wear what they had on the day it all went t*ts up, civilians in civvie clothes and military in what they wear

Based on films, you grab what you can but bear in mind that the big, heavy weapons cause more fatigue so you need a blend of short light weapons to bigger weapons for groups

Water and food will be limited so a Bergen/back pack will be needed aswell, the idea is to survive and grab what you can, when you can

Have you managed anything yet?

A little, isn't a huge priority it's just something I'd like to do in my spare time (which is limited).

I've managed to make a civilian apocalypse look/ outfit which could use a little bit of a more worn look as most of the stuff is new. Other than that, not much else has been done but certainly haven't given this up.

My civvy zombie clothes comprise of old, tatty jeans, t-shirt, jumper and my olive green army coat

The jumper, shirt and jeans will have blood sprayed on them and I'll be wearing a couple of bandages with blood on them

My civvy zombie clothes comprise of old, tatty jeans, t-shirt, jumper and my olive green army coat

The jumper, shirt and jeans will have blood sprayed on them and I'll be wearing a couple of bandages with blood on them

Oh I like the sounds of this! How do you spray blood on them? Do I need to go on a killing spree in order for this?

Oh I like the sounds of this! How do you spray blood on them? Do I need to go on a killing spree in order for this?

Lol, no killing spree needed as yet lol

Look on fleebay mate and type in 'fake blood' they come in all sorts, they do 1 litre bottles and you can get spray cans of fake blood for clothes etc

Lol, no killing spree needed as yet lol

Look on fleebay mate and type in 'fake blood' they come in all sorts, they do 1 litre bottles and you can get spray cans of fake blood for clothes etc

Nice, thank you, I'll take a look.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.