Does anyone run "pistol only" ? (a long winded train of thought...)

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Nothing wrong with using just a pistol, there's no reason at all why a rifle with a longer barrel will have longer range or better accuracy.

My old 5-7 would send a .28 BB accurately out to 50 yards on abbey predator gas, if I'd had enough magazines for it I could have used it on it's own for woodland games... A rifle is easier to aim at distance though.

I've been trying odd games with just pistol since I started the thread... Using just pistol makes me a far better player. It's the added field craft needed, I think. I'm thinking far more about my rounds, my reloading, my position and all sorts... Plus for some reason is made me use grenades more... Maybe because it's easier to get my main completely out the way, thus better access... Plus I need a little more smoke sometimes to get into positions, etc...

It's also a lot more fun!

Frankly, for a lot of CQB stuff, pistols are just a far more sensible option, in fact, at some sites, having a rifle or SMG is actually rather clumsy and their use can even be forbidden in certain areas. Because of that, I'm going to try a G36 as a back up on a sling across my back (since it has a folding stock). The primary CQB weapons then being two pistols, one in a drop leg holster and the other in a 58 browning holster hung from a belt attached to a tactical vest.

Having had reliability problems with a CYMA electric Glock 18 (which resulted in me having to resort to a knife kill the other day lol), I've ditched the electric Glock and am using two springer pistols - a Glock 26 and a Kahr TP45 - with spare mags for both in the vest, plus some spare mags for the G36. Since neither pistol is semi auto, this makes the rate of fire slower, but I've no worries about reliability or running out of juice. I can cock either of them pretty damn quickly anyway. I may see if I can sort the reliability issues with the electric Glock and ditch the G36 altogether for CQB. The TP45 does 300+ fps, so that set up does still have some range.

Tend most of times as I play CQB, So pistol or pistols and a short shotgun....more or less , My chest rig has 5.11 shotgun shell holder, Glock clip holster with the Glock belt with retention holster and mag pouches, or if I am running pistol only battle belt and a ton of mags...,

My pistol only loadout.

ASG MK23 SOCOM GNB Pistol.

- 4 x 26 round magazines (ASG).

- ASG MK23 Silencer (only use on woodland sites).

KJ Works KP-01 (P226) GBB Pistol.

- 2 x 24 round magazines (KJ Works/WE).

TRMR Impact Grenade.

- 10 x .209 Primers.

Plastic "combat knife" for melee kills.

Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed SR25 Chest rig.

Drop leg holster for the P226.

Webbing belt with dump pouch (also used as holster for MK23), pouch for TRMR, secure/zip pouch for primers and sheath for my knife.

Very lightweight and maneuverable in both woodland and CQB sites. I run the MK23 as my primary weapon as it's light, very quiet (virtually silent from ten feet away with the silencer), accurate and very gas efficient. I only use the silencer in woodland sites since the barrel extension ramps the 300 fps up to 400 fps - DMR power levels - which means I have a 30m MED. The P226 is my back up gun in case I have issues with my MK23 or if I'm engaging at ranges closer than 30m in woodland sites.

At the mo, I'm basically running a TM hi-cappa, 3 mags (2 more in the post) on fastmag. A reloader in a fastmag. And for supporting... My M4 with ready mag. I also have the option to run another hi cap m4 mag... So on a belt rig I have quick access to 1200 M4 rounds and 140 pistol rounds, plus 3 flash and 2 smoke before I have to fiddle with anything...

And fiddling involves

Backpack off,

Pour into 3 flashmag, insert into rifle (20 seconds)

3 flash, 2 smoke into fastmag pouches (+8 seconds)

Speed Reload pistol mags (+30)

Seal backpack, back on back (+5)

Just over a minute to completely re-arm,should the above not be enough... No clips, no velcro, no faff... Works wonders

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.