Best bbs to use with a TM recoil shock?

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just wondering what BBs do you use with your TM recoil shock?

I am considering using just Tokyo Maruis own bb brand that is supplied in the box, any body know the best place to get 0.2g or 0.25g TM bbs in the UK ?

• Supporters

TM brand BBs are extraordinarily expensive. Green devil bio BBs are the best quality I've used, though if I'm feeling cheap I just use blasters. They're decent enough quality and recoils aren't fussy with ammo.

The hop up unit on a recoil is absolutely excellent and can lift very heavy BBs; for best performance I'd recommend .25 as a minimum, .28 or .30 if you can stomach the added cost.

TM brand BBs are extraordinarily expensive. Green devil bio BBs are the best quality I've used, though if I'm feeling cheap I just use blasters. They're decent enough quality and recoils aren't fussy with ammo.

The hop up unit on a recoil is absolutely excellent and can lift very heavy BBs; for best performance I'd recommend .25 as a minimum, .28 or .30 if you can stomach the added cost.

Yea haha I reordered the scar from another retailer, since my last was I believe faulty, but the last retailer blamed it on my bbs, madbulls and cybergun high densitys which I thought was utter crap, but he has put fear into me of using them now so checking to see what you guys are all using.

If I could get the TM ones I would but I can only find them by ordering from Japan or China and the postage is like 15 pounds or more!

Any of you tried BBbastard with them? They seem to be getting great reviews!

TM BBs are decent but not worth the cost. They do have a line of 'bearing' BBs which are made using the same process as ball bearings,since apparently Marui is a bearing OEM too. They come in .28 bio flavor, very nice quality and performance. Probably the best BBs I've used along with Maruzen .29 Super grand masters. Do note i use a bolt action so my ammo usage is much smaller than an AEG.

Right now I;m using Blaster. 30s,quality is surprisingly good,especially since they;re some of the cheapest heavyweights I could find. Not a single air bubble in a sample of 10. Blaster Devils are a bit more 'high tier' but their .30s have more air bubbles in them. Devil .28s are fantastic however.

To be honest most BBs are made by a three or four big OEM companies in China,Taiwan and Japan. Exception to ASG blasters since they are 'made in EU' which probably means some borderline third world eastern european country.

Green Devils are getting raving reviews,I can;t get any of them since I get shafted on price compared to getting blasters locally,but might just suck it up and get a big bulk order.

Yeah I put 2000 BB bastards through my 416 a while back, they were ok but not really any better than green devils.

I had looked them up last night after you mentioned them, at first I got mistaken for the cheap Devils in green but finally I found the ones you ment, got some reviews on them too, some people thought they were the bees knees, others thought they were some of the worst they had used! Double feeding being the main problem on some aegs.

TM BBs are decent but not worth the cost. They do have a line of 'bearing' BBs which are made using the same process as ball bearings,since apparently Marui is a bearing OEM too. They come in .28 bio flavor, very nice quality and performance. Probably the best BBs I've used along with Maruzen .29 Super grand masters. Do note i use a bolt action so my ammo usage is much smaller than an AEG.

Right now I;m using Blaster. 30s,quality is surprisingly good,especially since they;re some of the cheapest heavyweights I could find. Not a single air bubble in a sample of 10. Blaster Devils are a bit more 'high tier' but their .30s have more air bubbles in them. Devil .28s are fantastic however.

To be honest most BBs are made by a three or four big OEM companies in China,Taiwan and Japan. Exception to ASG blasters since they are 'made in EU' which probably means some borderline third world eastern european country.

Green Devils are getting raving reviews,I can;t get any of them since I get shafted on price compared to getting blasters locally,but might just suck it up and get a big bulk order.

Yea the TM perfect hit brand are made using the ball bearing process, they are the ones I was thinking of getting. Like most bbs though they still have some bad reviews.

cant understand why people still use 0.20g ammo

The typical engagement distance at my local is 20-30 meters, I dont need range. .20's are cheaper and you get more ;)

While I have seen a few accuracy comparisons I haven't yet seen a truly masterful roundup of all the BBs available to UK purchasers and what people should buy for what power and what guns.

Personally I found an enormous difference in accuracy with 0.25g AEG blasters over the 0.20g, whether they be Devil or normal ones. I am trying out 0.28g to see if that makes any difference as well, because while it might marginally adjust the range the accuracy difference I personally saw on paper at 10m was quite dramatic.

To give you an idea of the difference a 0.25 grouping will all be in the black, maybe 1.5 inches circle. The 0.20g ones however is more than twice the size, at least 3 inches and often a bit more. That is indoors at 10m. You don't need to be firing far or in bad conditions to see the difference heavier ammo makes to the accuracy. How that holds at long range I haven't yet had the opportunity to test it, I really need a range with 30m that will let me shoot with a BB gun and I just don't know of any.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.