how are dytac m4s?

Gungeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had no idea where to put this

I was wondering how the dytac m4s are more for woodland gameplay

Along with upgrading wise would you say its worth it?

Really looking for any information about them at all

• Supporters

There seems to be two very distinct schools of thought on Dytacs. The first (which seem to mostly be early production batches) suggests that the gearbox is made of cheese and will explode on contact. The second (predominantly owners of later production models) have had no issues whatsoever. Their guns are accurate and reliable (I have a couple of friends that fall into the latter category).

Personally I've found them to be fairly well built although some do have fit issues between upper and lower receivers. Combat Series models which are the cheaper ones have the exact same internals but cheaper, generic rail systems etc. The ones I've personally had direct experience with have been well put together but the hydrodipped finish doesn't need much encouragement to fall off (moral of the story - get a black one). I liked them, decent rate of fire and range. I'd have one.

Land Warrior have been selling them cheapest but will not help with after sales support. Socom Tactical WILL service the guns and offer post sales support but charge more for the gun in the first place. There is some suggestion that the LWA pricing is a deliberate maneuvre to piss off the guys that run Socom Tactical but how much of that is true remains conjecture and potentially libelous so I'll just leave that there.

• Supporters

They remind me of old WE Gbbs. For every good one there's a bad one from what I've seen. Not a bad bet for the money for the cheap ones though. The expensive ones though, you'd be better off with a kwa recoil or something.

I have not heard a single good review on these ( other than the shop that sells them!!)

One owner was so pissed off with his that it was thrown 15 feet across the range. But that was after 6 new year boxes/repairs and a chrono reading of 124fps!

Another lad had his seize solid after 2 shots.

I wouldn't touch with a barge pole!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.