MTP Osprey

tripplexxx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi people. just a bit of advice needed here.

Ive got some kit here but don't know how much people would be wiling to pay.

Ive got a set of MTP osprey body armour with inners , plates and pouches.

A mark 7 helmet

and various military clothing.

any help would be much appreciated thanx.

• Supporters

If you've got the front and back plates then they are worth quite a bit of money, you can buy level 4 ballistic plates online for around $70 - 140 per plate in the states depending on the size, to give you a rough idea. I don't know what to sell them for from the Osprey though, as I've never seen any for sale.

It's finding someone to buy them that'll be the hard part, because they are illegal to own and a lot of people know it. Couple that with the fact that they are utterly useless in airsoft, and very few people want to handicap themselves to that extent. It's a lot of added weight for nothing.

The soft armour is also illegal to own... I have a set of side plates as well as the soft armour, the Osprey I bought came with them in it, didn't even know I was getting it. I also have a Mk7, because I bought it without knowing they were illegal, and obviously the bloke selling it wasn't going to tell me...

Mk7s sell for between £60 and £120 though, depending on how little the buyer knows about them, or how desperate they are to get one. I paid £80 for mine quite a long time ago, but I was offered a few for around the £120 mark prior to buying the one I ended up with.

It ought to be easy enough for you to price up the other stuff by searching for it on Ebay, Mk4s go for anything from £40 to £200+ depending on how much of the extra bits and bobs they come with. All the extra little shoulder blade and upper arm covers and everything, as well as all 13 issue pouches will net you £150 or so I reckon.

• Supporters

Nope, but there are plenty of Facebook pages that ban their sale off the back of them being restricted items. They're stolen MoD property.

I'm pretty sure they aren't restricted items....there are UK retailers who sell body armour without any restrictions and I've read up on the subject on police forums.

I'd say the only problem is that it's MoD property.

Stolen MOD plates are, granted. But legitimately sourced plates are not illegal to own or purchase. CQC will supply you the same plates they supply the MOD for a big enough cheque, just like they do for many other public and private sector industries.

But we digress ... OP if your trying to sell on ex MOD issue kit, you better hold onto the soap in the shower. They don't appreciate it none too much.

• Supporters

I did mean the Osprey specific plates, not just plates in general. There's only restrictions on the issued ones because they're stolen property. As are the Mk7s.

Everything else has been listed as surplus or something now, so it's all fine.

Pet hate of mine this, issued kit is just that issued you don't own it and to sell it on is against the Armed Forces Act, a point I emphasized when charging RAF Regt Gunners for flogging stuff or more alarmingly just binning it! The amount of kit the SWO used to recover from bins was ridiculous

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.