APS UAR 501

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You bought one, and then asked if they're any good...?

I saw a few reviews on the UAR when it was new and they all seemed pretty positive but they were mostly retailers, so bound to be biased and not say anything too negative. The 501 is an upgraded version so it should work better with mid-caps and it has thicker wiring. I wouldn't trust their 11.1v LiPo ready statement though.

Yeah I know but I did research it first especially the gearbox mechanism review and the fact it comes with a 6.04mm tb barrel is a big plus.

Only thing I can't understand is that there is no real steel counterpart hence not an imititation so why is there a 2 tone version?

They're most definitely not 11.1v lipo ready, chap at my local site was running his on one, lasted 2 skirmishes before stripping the piston. Think he had a couple of problems with feeding, but other then that it was alrite from what I can remember. Pretty compact even for a bullpup which was nice, much skinnier then my fn2000.

• Supporters

Only thing I can't understand is that there is no real steel counterpart hence not an imititation so why is there a 2 tone version?

If you pointed one at the police would they shoot you? If they answer is yes then two-toning is probably required.

Well a lot of people probably wouldn't know that. It is based on a real firearm but I can't remember its name and I think it was only ever a prototype for the Polish modernisation programme.

They're most definitely not 11.1v lipo ready, chap at my local site was running his on one, lasted 2 skirmishes before stripping the piston. Think he had a couple of problems with feeding, but other then that it was alrite from what I can remember. Pretty compact even for a bullpup which was nice, much skinnier then my fn2000.

I'm not intending to run it on an 11v lipo, maybe a 7.4 lipo but not until i'm certain it can handle it so it's likely I will stick to standard batteries, thankyou for the heads up on that though.

One thing I liked about it was that it takes m4 mags which will suit my m4 g&g.

Very grateful to you guys!!!

Ooops typo

Don't see the appeal of 11.1v's, if you've got a reasonably accurate gun all it means is you hit the person twice as many times. 7.4v's plenty good.

That is exactly what I was thinking!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.