Differences between these guns

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, these are both G&G's version of the M4A1, both have metal receivers, the top one you list is the basic version while the bottom 2 you list are the same item, a more electronically advanced gun which has a mosfet which basically prevents spark erosion of the trigger contacts and should give improved trigger response. It is also listed as being slightly more powerful than the first one which is fine for woodland but too hot for most CQB sites which have a limit of 330fps. G&G guns are well thought of and both should be good out of the box, if you can stretch to it go for the one with a mosfet.

You'd probably get best results with 0.25 BBs in either of those guns.

• Supporters

Thanks is it worth £50 for a MOSFET upgrade and will this make the last longer?

In general a Mosfet upgrade is only really worth it if you're planning on using LiPo batteries and in particular 11.1v LiPo batteries. Since the Mosfet fitted to these guns have problems running on 11.1v LiPos I would say get the Gen 2 (without the Mosfet) and spend the £50 you save on a decent aftermarket one instead.

In general a Mosfet upgrade is only really worth it if you're planning on using LiPo batteries and in particular 11.1v LiPo batteries. Since the Mosfet fitted to these guns have problems running on 11.1v LiPos I would say get the Gen 2 (without the Mosfet) and spend the £50 you save on a decent aftermarket one instead.

What do you mean by aftermarket one and is the fps difference worth it. I intend to have this for a long time and if MOSFET will do that then I consider it worth the upgrade

• Supporters

The FPS advertised for those guns is 'approximate' at best, yours will end up being between 300-350.

As for the MOSFET, people have had issues with the G&G MOSFETs and 11.1v LiPo batteries burning them out (how big a percentage have actually failed I don't know... probably not many at all), if you're gonna rock out with a 7.4v then either gun will work just as well, you probably won't notice the difference.

For fucks sake my reply has dissappeared twice now bloody phone browser .

A LiPo should improve your trigger response and rate of fire compared to a standard NiMh battery. They're also smaller than NiMhs. You should be able to run a 7.4V in your gun fine without a MOSFET.

I get my BBs from Patrol Base, not sure if it's the cheapest place though. They're £7 a bottle I think for 0.20s or you buy a 3 bottle bundle and you save a bit. Same with the 0.25s except I think they will be about £8 for 3000.

• Supporters

It says it takes 8.4V mini will that mean its compatable with lipo also and is lipo an unnecessary risk?

8.4v mini is the standard NiMh type battery most guns come with. They're cheap and easy to source for manufacturers and they'll do fine for most people. A 7.4v LiPo battery will give a higher current output which results in a better trigger response. This is a nice to have and by no means absolutely necessary as it does mean potentially having to buy a new charger. An 11.1v LiPo or indeed a 9.6v NiMh will give higher still current and may necessitate the fitting of a Mosfet to prevent damage to the trigger contacts.

If you want a cheap and easy upgrade to your performance then a 7.4v LiPo will do you no harm at all.

• Supporters

Componentshop.co.uk for batteries, amazon for an imax b6 charger. Make sure you get the one with a mains lead not just a 12v supply.

Componentshop.co.uk for batteries, amazon for an imax b6 charger. Make sure you get the one with a mains lead not just a 12v supply.

Could I have a link to the imax b6 charger with the mains lead I could only find the supply one.

• Supporters
  • Supporters

What mah lipo should I have ? I am using an aeg g&g gc16?

A 1200-1400mAh LiPo should last you all day if you're not going mad, a 2200-2600mAh will definitely do all day.

Crane stock batteries are only really needed if your battery is in the stock of your gun, or need to split either side of your barrel (if wired to the front).

• Supporters

I have heard that crane stocks are comfier and generally better

Can you please link a battery that will fit

And also another website where I can get this gun as pro airsoft supplies are always out of stock

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/gc16_carbine_crane_stock.html

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-cranestock-battery.html

Anything listed as a "crane stock" or "nunchuck" style battery should fit. I can't tell you for definite if it'll fit your gun or even if that gun is front or rear wired. As for who has it in stock have you tried actually calling PAS? Their website isn't always entirely up to date.

• Supporters

Or you could just get the standard stock one http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=8791 and change it to a crane stock later. It's a piece of piss to change.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.