G&G Firehawk Range Query

FelPyre

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

well it ain't no dmr and is really for cqb but suppose also it has an advantage

in that it could be easier to shortcut through bushes easier than a big m16

getting caught up perhaps

looks sexy but friggin loud with flash hider but then it is not designed for long range

I've remove the stock and put on a fixed cheapo stubby so can take any battery

hate all that pi$$balling about with thin lipo stick

range wise not much less accurate than a normal stock m4 in same price range

bought it coz I liked the sexy black 8itch - didn't buy it to snipe with I bought it to

take her out and help take others out so to speak.....

despite being small and a fair bit of plastic not full metal she weighs a bit but I feel

just right to run with all day in the sun.....

I got an ICS clear sportsline and they kind of perform the same - maybe ICS a bit

more longer range accurate but c'mon the fire hawk just looks so sexy & bad ass

Thanks for the review!

Just waiting for stock to appear somewhere and I'll be clicking that purchase button.

Does it matter what battery I use within it? I have read a few specs that indicate I should use a LiPo battery but having looked into that they seem really high maintenance and I've been told Nimh batteries are simpler - could this be used instead?

• Supporters

battery options are limited due to thin stick battery type in stock tube

plus can be a bit fiddly to get battery in the 8itch

hence I shoved a stubby fixed one instead:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3820-gun-picture-thread/page-125#entry154672

now I can just use any battery I can find lipo/life/nimh etc......

lipo's are great but options are limited voltage wise - 7.4v or 11.1v - or 9.9v life battery

I still sometimes use some decent 8.6v or 9.6v batteries.

like I said your main problem is limited battery space/options out of box, but I plan to either fit

the FH stock to another M4 front handguard battery gun or sell it complete with tube

love my stubby - lost some sex appeal - well I lost that years ago, but at least the FH can run

with almost any battery now - so it is a possible consideration I think - stubby is fixed but same

size as G&G VS02 stock that was on there

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.