Has anyone ever considered mental armours?

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yeah... Just ordered foam, got myself a glue gun and picked up some dremel bits... I'm going for it!

Check out this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/RosesAndBoltshells?fref=ts and the RPF for WH40K builds. You can get LARP chainswords but they're not cheap!

Just thinking... Basically, as part of a team, I noticed a lot of people getting really excessively serious about the game. I also noticed, almost all the kit I carried... That everyone carried was pointless... People would fire only 2k rounds a day... But insist on carrying 8 hi cap mags, etc...

So first off I got to thinking "I don't need all this crap" and dumping my chest rig. Then I noticed that I don't even really need my rifle... My pistol does just fine, and it's far more of a challenge... And it's fun. And also that camo was mainly pointless as not one person on a field of 130 used it properly and we're all at such small ranges...

This trail of thought mainly had me thinking... Why not have some fun! The whole game is playing soldier and fantasy.

So... 30 minutes of Google later... I ordered some eva foam and I'm going to make some silly armour, hpa my pistol and go nuts.

Has anyone else had similar ponderings? And if so... What was it?

Army of two?

Some form of Cod?

Random mixing?

Posted this in another thread but worth reposting. I'm going to try for a loadout similar to the below pic, with my primary as some sort of AK, maybe a cheapo AK-47 until an AK-12 surfaces.

Obviously I won't have the obnoxious purple. Probably a black and graphite grey, or black and white version.

R9ap7pY.jpg

Edit: Another interesting idea for you Romans:

1368876331101.jpg

A bolt action rifle shooting below 350fps is fun, no minimum engagement distance and you have to make shots count. It also scares the crap outta everyone (your own team included) when you fix bayonet and charge.

I don't have a pic yet of my Aussie jungle gear but this is roughly what I had last weekend:

Australian-WWII-Uniformed-Soldier-602644

Only difference is my bayonet is rubber and I didn't have the mug or rain cape.

Its actually a very practical loadout for a hot sunny day in woodland

I must admit that with there being such significance to this and the next 4 years that I've been tempted to get together a WW I uniform and webbing set and rifle (though I suspect it'd have to be a WWII Lee Enfield)

• Supporters

Stalker bandit outfit might be fun trench coat balaclava.

If you're going to do STALKER then you may as well do one of the cool loadouts:

tumblr_mglf5h48vx1rzi4qyo1_500.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.