Has anyone ever considered mental armours?

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thinking... Basically, as part of a team, I noticed a lot of people getting really excessively serious about the game. I also noticed, almost all the kit I carried... That everyone carried was pointless... People would fire only 2k rounds a day... But insist on carrying 8 hi cap mags, etc...

So first off I got to thinking "I don't need all this crap" and dumping my chest rig. Then I noticed that I don't even really need my rifle... My pistol does just fine, and it's far more of a challenge... And it's fun. And also that camo was mainly pointless as not one person on a field of 130 used it properly and we're all at such small ranges...

This trail of thought mainly had me thinking... Why not have some fun! The whole game is playing soldier and fantasy.

So... 30 minutes of Google later... I ordered some eva foam and I'm going to make some silly armour, hpa my pistol and go nuts.

Has anyone else had similar ponderings? And if so... What was it?

Army of two?

Some form of Cod?

Random mixing?

• Supporters

I think it was Geoffreym who did the Judge Dread loadout.

The NAE is my annual excuse to ditch my kit and run around like a hapless fool with highcaps, giving 0 poos. It's fun, but in a different want to how I usually treat the game.

See... I was worried that it would all be a bit silly... But actually... Using a pistol effectively still needs excellent field craft. I intend to train and still play as usual... I'll even if I can find this J. Dredd loadout.

Thought of Sewing on some leather padding on my Bundesheer M65 Jacket,at the shoulders and elbow to replicate Sunrise suit from STALKER. But By doing that I would need to get rid of the shoulder straps which I adore since they are handy for heaving in webbing suspenders through. Besides,I've hardly given it any use,no need to ruin it.

Otherwise I'd happily run around in an exoskeleton despite the weight

But who said you need to have a mental loadout to be mental? I personally think running around in a KLMK onesie and shouting 'A NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE' and various things like that is enoughs_t_a_l_k_e_r__exoskeleton_concept_art_b

Had considered going twin weild with 2 Uzi's for a giggle. . . . .

I've considered getting a second MP5K for the same reasons. And I would. If I had the money...

I usually wear the same sort of rig that Pitt wears in the World War Z movie for when I'm playing CQB. With a different rifle, of course. Who the hell uses an M4 indoors anyway?

Thought of Sewing on some leather padding on my Bundesheer M65 Jacket,at the shoulders and elbow to replicate Sunrise suit from STALKER. But By doing that I would need to get rid of the shoulder straps which I adore since they are handy for heaving in webbing suspenders through. Besides,I've hardly given it any use,no need to ruin it.

Otherwise I'd happily run around in an exoskeleton despite the weight

But who said you need to have a mental loadout to be mental? I personally think running around in a KLMK onesie and shouting 'A NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE' and various things like that is enough

-Snip-

STALKER exoskeleton costume..

Bottle of vodka and a AK or something, I can get behind that.

I'm half tempted to try making a mock one..

A bolt action rifle shooting below 350fps is fun, no minimum engagement distance and you have to make shots count. It also scares the crap outta everyone (your own team included) when you fix bayonet and charge.

I don't have a pic yet of my Aussie jungle gear but this is roughly what I had last weekend:

Australian-WWII-Uniformed-Soldier-602644

Only difference is my bayonet is rubber and I didn't have the mug or rain cape.

Its actually a very practical loadout for a hot sunny day in woodland

I thought I was going to get loads of "don't be silly" responses... So basically... Loads of people would run round in various bizarre armours given some excuse...

I like this already...

Basically 95% of airsofters seem to do some variation of M4, tactical vest and modern camo or black. It's fun to do something other than this. I like doing WW2 stuff because the guns are cooler (no plastic). A firefly loadout would be fun, there are a few western guns that could be modified and then just add the brown coat. BB proof stormtrooper armour would be awesome.

Playing very minimalistic as of late (thou gone back to lowcaps, when I can bother).. but as I am gonna try playing with DMR, I was actually considering TF2 sniper.. I mean, I wont need a ton of pockets. two spare mags (which would fit nice in this kind of vest pockets, but not in my rig), pistol that goes on belt. most of the things will be easy to get.. thou would have to get green instead of red/blue shirt... dont think there's a SVD in tf2, but they got so many crazy weapons I recon I can get away with it..... suppose I will need a generous amount of camo cream also..

250px-Sniper.png?t=20111213024828

I've been considering the effort and logistics of building a Halo ODST loadout. But then I remember I have neither the time now patience to build it haha

I have got an Army of Two style loadout built up just for CQB which I have a lot of fun using :)

I've got a mate who wears a suit at CQB games, for a police/FBI look/hitman. He looks smarter than I do when I'm in meetings at work!! :)

Had another mate who wore bike leathers once (it was a bit colder outside!) and went for a Terminator look. I've also seen people in fancy dress costumes playing too - Santa, Superman etc...

Was it on here or Zerointelligence where somebody posted pics of them at a game in a full frogman outfit?

Nothing wrong with going different aslong as its comfy and practical for you. Look on the Replica Prop Forum for foam Robocop costume templates, mod a full auto pistol and of you go :-D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.