Initial work on my ghillie

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here is the first test fitting of my ghillie. There are a few patches here and there but my friend in the marines has said this is good as it creates a 3D object rather than a 'smooth' covering of jute. The photo's are not tactical as I wanted people to be able to see the ghillie clearly.

I would appreciate people comments and views

I have not cam'd up my Dragunov yet, so hence it isn't in the photo's

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

looking very nice. I'm guessing you used levelcaps video? Would love to see a picture with the dragonuv camoed up and the ghillie, but its coming along very nicely!

looking very nice. I'm guessing you used levelcaps video? Would love to see a picture with the dragonuv camoed up and the ghillie, but its coming along very nicely!

Levelcaps video??? Not seen it

I had an old ghillie lying about and just stripped it back to the Webtex Mesh and then layered it with jute and hessian strips

I'm not sure whether to spray a few bits of it with darker earth tones?

Oh maybe it wasn't you then, I saw someone getting pointed to level caps bids for ghillie making. Anyway adding some darker colours would be nice however I don't know the place where you play at so whether it is effective or not Idk... Great pictures as well☺

By WebTex mesh did you mean a scrim net sort of thing? I saw decorative net was suggested for making a ghillie suit but the stuff I found doesn't look right (as in the size of the holes / spaces in the netting looks too big sort of)

I used this as a base layer. Very well ventilated and does exactly what it says on the tin :) I ditched the hood in favour of a separate cap and scrim

_12.jpg

I think I know the stuff you are referring to, is it the cam net that they use for vehicles?

It more earthy in reality, the photo's make it look like straw haha

But saying that I am buying a few cans of dark green, brown and black this weekend :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.