Importing an IF from America

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking for a gun and have found it in america. The shop offers paint jobs for UK customers, and I would choose obviously a bright colour %51 etc, they know the law. The problem I have is I have read the law and it has nothing about this in, and so a few quick questions.

What would happen to it when it got stopped in customs? they wouldn't ask for UKARA surely (I don't have the defence)

I know I will get a large amount of money but have worked it to be cheaper as it is a very rare gun to find tbh... (and no I can't tell you what it is for fear of flamers)

thanks for the help

You can't buy it yourself, an over 18 carer has to.

(tbh you've already got a decent rifle, i'd just invest in some decent kit and a full set of midcaps and wait a couple of years, saving for a nice rifle you can buy in RIF form)

You can't buy it yourself, an over 18 carer has to.

(tbh you've already got a decent rifle, i'd just invest in some decent kit and a full set of midcaps and wait a couple of years, saving for a nice rifle you can buy in RIF form)

Ok, if my dad bought an IF. I was thinking about getting a second gun anyway because it means my dad can play without having to rent= and as long as that happens he agreed to do the UKARA games. Also a mate needs a gun as he has a jambwow gun and its no fun playing with it. I would change the front hand guard and stock out when I got ukara.. It wasn't for some time, I just wanted to clear that up. I'm sure customs would allow a bright orange gun through customs..

I don't think flamers should be a concern on this forum. Someone may have insight on the gun and problems with it that you might not be aware of. It's also possible that someone may know where to get one in the UK. I presume you're thinking of buying from evike. I recently bought a gun from them and it arrived well packaged and no real problems. Bear in mind you will be paying tax and a customs handling fee on top of the price of the gun and delivery costs. I paid £200 for my Lee enfield including delivery and an additional £45 tax and handling fee. I only bought from the US because Evike were literally the only place selling the gun I wanted. A gun would need to be really special for it to be worth the hassle, if a gun is that special you probably should wait and not have it in 2 tone.

I don't think flamers should be a concern on this forum. Someone may have insight on the gun and problems with it that you might not be aware of. It's also possible that someone may know where to get one in the UK. I presume you're thinking of buying from evike. I recently bought a gun from them and it arrived well packaged and no real problems. Bear in mind you will be paying tax and a customs handling fee on top of the price of the gun and delivery costs. I paid £200 for my Lee enfield including delivery and an additional £45 tax and handling fee. I only bought from the US because Evike were literally the only place selling the gun I wanted. A gun would need to be really special for it to be worth the hassle, if a gun is that special you probably should wait and not have it in 2 tone.

sure i get you. I might not buy it, just wondering if two tone would get stopped in customs and then destroyed if I had no UKARA

It should be fine. Evike seem to have done this a few times, otherwise they wouldn't have the facility for 2 toning guns.

c'mon, whats the gun? I bet we can find it in the UK :P

Yep buying a flamethrower from Evike lol. I replied to them and It will be fine according to them... Anyway it is one of their custom G&P products

Yep buying a flamethrower from Evike lol. I replied to them and It will be fine according to them... Anyway it is one of their custom G&P products

Called it aha come on spill every one s curious what is it

Problems with Evike:

- The gun may be cheap over there, but you will get absolutely smacked with import tax and shipping (Evike charge about $20 for UPS from Cali to Ma!)

- Evike often don't paint enough of the gun. The law states that 51% or more must be painted. From friends' experience, Evike only painted the pistolgrip on his G36 and as a reslut took am extra month to get it past customs.

- Be very carefull with what you buy! A lot of their *Evike Custom* series are just internally upgrades that cost significantly less if you buy the gun and then nuy the parts seperately.

If I were you, I'd try to buy locally (within the UK).

What GP is it?

Not spilling yet however I will say it is not your average gun and no not the socom flacon how did your mate eventually get it past customs?

flacon how did your mate eventually get it past customs?

Eventually, after paying a "small" fee (it really wasn't small) they let it through.

Well I have contacted evoke and they assure me they will paint %51 a bright colour. That sounds extremely dodgy, would you be able to give me a hint of the kind of price spent?

Well I have contacted evoke and they assure me they will paint %51 a bright colour. That sounds extremely dodgy, would you be able to give me a hint of the kind of price spent?

The price of the gun was about $200. At the time, exchange rate made the gun cost about £140. Import tax included came to about £180 or so. But he tells me that after all the pissing around at customs and with (express) p&p it ended up costing about £235. So all in all, p&p, inport tax and customs set the price to £95 over the advertised price.

Pissed him off. A lot.

Right this gun I have worked out to be 450 quid with postage which was about 50 quid. Import is 20 percent so then 550 give or take, plus 50 for an Item and 100 for magpul goodies to get rid of two tone. Is this OK as important is %20? Probs be more than 750 but still cheaper with everything than buying uk

It would help if we knew which gun it was, unless you're still playing silly buggers and not letting us know so we can help you get it cheaper from elsewhere?

Fine you win, *puts hardhat on* deep breath.... G&P polarstar m4. I have reasons for this, but I will only say this... If I can get it this cheap then I believe it to be the best gun for the job..... It was just a thought btw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.