CM121 or CM030

Jacob(smooth)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I really fancy an AEP. I love handguns and I'm really not impressed with the gas ones I've seen (which seem to spend more time being faffed with than used). I'm torn between the CM030 and the CM121

They're both Cyma (I like cyma) and the same price. Is there likely to be a difference in terms of performance or is it a simple question of cosmetics? I did notice that the deagle could take a 100 round hicap mag...

Anyone had experience of either gun? Good or bad?

Not had the Desert Eagle, but I've had the glock and it was a cracking little pistol despite the low fps.

Get a lipo upgrade in it and you'll have a very reliable sidearm for all seasons - Airsoft World sells a "pre made" one if you don't fancy doing the work yourself. The battery life/quality is the only downside I had with my glock - one lasted barely half a day. A lipo will solve that problem:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

Mags are also easier to come by than the 121 mags, including the extended 90 round mags. If you go for these then don't bother with the CYMA mags, just get the TM ones. They actually hold AND feed all the rounds they claim to unlike the CYMA ones.

Edit: The D.Eagle will also take the above listed lipo battery.

cm.030, you'll get funny looks turning up with a desert eagle.. even more so an electric non blowback.

brother owns one, he is really happy with it. I had the TM version, biggest difference is that the CYMA feels a bit more plastic. thinking of getting the CYMA again.

Well I bit the bullet and bought one of those lipo batteries and I'm glad I did, my cm030 rate of fire is vicious compared to the nimh battery set up.

Well worth the money!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bit the bullet and bought one of those lipo batteries and I'm glad I did, my cm030 rate of fire is vicious compared to the nimh battery set up.

Well worth the money!!!!

How have your internals held up? I've just bought one and want to buy the lipo but don't fancy destroying it already.

• Supporters

Thinking of getting one/two of those lipo's

but have read you need to be a bit more careful

as they are a tighter fit - but well worth the reviews say

But for time being, managed to knock up an old connector plug - mini tamiya

so I can use my usual smart-charger on the cyma charger block thingy

(techy term btw) so hopefully I won't run such a risk of cooking the standard

battery - well hopefully

On my TM M93R I had to file down the side of the shoe connector a little. It now fits snug but not stuck. I also have a little bit of ribbon round the battery so I can help it on its way out if it does get a little tight.

Thanks gents.

I went for the cm030 and it's... Well it'd just lovely. I fitted a rail, and it's had various combinations of lights (we play in the dark) lasers and scopes. It's an absolute joy.

Toyed with the idea of a lipo but instead went for a spare nimh. The rof is perfectly good for my needs, I don't need it any faster and I'm thinking a standard battery (£9 Inc p and p) will stress the internals less. Oh and 90 round mag is a must.

It's now my 3rd favourite gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.