What is it with other forums

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It has always been 'that way' on said forum, if you're face doesn't fit you get destroyed for asking the simplest question etc etc

Sounds a lot like Nazi Germany :ph34r:

Well my wife is from Berlin and trust me this website makes her look like a pussy cat ;) I mean the other website, not this one hahaha

It has always been 'that way' on said forum, if you're face doesn't fit you get destroyed for asking the simplest question etc etc

Its a real shame as I was trying to offer my experiences with the AirsoftPro hop up and telling people the great results I've had. As a pyschotherapist I could point out to them a few negative behavioural issues they may wish to reflect upon but I wouldn't be so petty hahaha

I'm pretty sure I know which forum you mean - there aren't a lot of UK Airsoft forums.

In my experience, its the moderators themselves that take part in most of the posts and they don't tolerate members who don't say what they want to hear.

I have a bit of experience with forums and its the quickest way to kill a good forum - probably why it isn't as busy as this one..

It defo isn't Zeroin. I won't mention names as I said but to be honest I won't be losing too much sleep from not going on there again. Just wanted to vent initially as I found it so frustrating

• Supporters

To be honest I don't think that applies to just one "other forum", which is the reason why I don't bother with any of them. Cliques control the content and the admins are hilariously overzealous with no logic behind their decisions, it might be enforcing the rules one minute and the next it's cool because a regular they like posted something that breaks said rules.

Edit: to be clear I don't think all other forums operate this way but the big 2 or 3 rival forums certainly do. Funny how people guess the Z1 forum and are told it isn't that one, guess someone else feels that way too :)

Its a real shame as I was trying to offer my experiences with the AirsoftPro hop up and telling people the great results I've had. As a pyschotherapist I could point out to them a few negative behavioural issues they may wish to reflect upon but I wouldn't be so petty hahaha

Hurrah! Another psychologist here (behavioural rather than clinical) but nice to see I'm not the only one who enjoys running around the woods toting an automatic weapon...

• Supporters

Just curious - how many posts do you have on other forum ???

Reason I ask is that you can be a feckin genius but if somebody with say 10 posts comes along and says

This is a better way/method/technique - they get crucified left right and centre

Most of this will kind of make sense but way way too often nearly all forums will

just assume how experienced you are just by your post count / date regged etc....

Always the way - many of us just judge a book by its cover/post count....

Problem is - say your regular forum is offline/server down you look around or land at another site

say after searching for a specific issue - you regged and answer a few noobie questions

then get ripped to $hit by somebody with their head so far up their own ar$e they can never see daylight again

I do things my way - not always the ultimate way but so far my way of doing some things works best for me

I do take onboard other people's methods and if I stumble I will consider trying other suggestions - thus I

hope to improve upon my own wisdom in most things I do

Sadly the world is full of narrow minded arrogant w a n k e r s who can't see that their way just might not be

the one and only way - or only their answer/theory is valid - to which I say:

The mind is like a flower - it works best when it is open

But in my head I still think to myself they are w a n k e r s :)

Interesting point sitting duck and I agree with you about new guys being too vocal. In this case I was just sharing the great results I've had with a hop up unit . But I suspect because I'm new on there the Mods don't have much time for me or my experiences. Such a shame

Hurrah! Another psychologist here (behavioural rather than clinical) but nice to see I'm not the only one who enjoys running around the woods toting an automatic weapon...

good to meet you on here. Yes I agree with you, there is something deeply therapeutic about running around the woods stalking people. Oh dear what would Jung say about that lmao

• Supporters

Interesting point sitting duck and I agree with you about new guys being too vocal. In this case I was just sharing the great results I've had with a hop up unit . But I suspect because I'm new on there the Mods don't have much time for me or my experiences. Such a shame

it is the same on ALL forums - and I too have judged books by their covers - we all tend to do that I'm afraid

but we should try and NOT rip the hell out of people too much if their answer is different to our own...

I have been ripped to hell on on totally different forums at first but only now after hundreds and hundreds of posts

and such are some people actually starting to listen to me and perhaps try the techinque/method I may suggest

NO - I don't know everything - heck I am still learning like all of us are. the various guides/tutorials are often being

changed/altered/updated as new different better or even simpler ways are discovered from people's own findings.

Usually the last people who accept or consider these findings are the ones who wrote the guides in first place and

fail to see that their way may no longer be the one/only best way - they are still very clever but alas not so wise.

Finally - there is one qwirky little thing about human knowledge and discoveries......

Time and time and time again some of the greatest were discovered by pure fluke accident by complete noobs or

at very least as a byproduct of another invention so to speak, but sharing our findings with others is how we all learn

Isn't that what what forums are for - to help/share & chill out a bit

shame some mods of some forums fail to see that - but then I refer back to their heads so far up their own ar$es....

I too only use this forum now. Don't have the time or energy.

I agree with Ed about Facebook.

A lot of people slag off Facebook and there is a lot of drivel on there but thats not FB, thats people who have nothing better to do than report every time they contemplate their navel.

On the upside, there are a lot of Airsoft related groups, including groups focussed on specific geographical areas or sub topics.

I can also monitor my related but non specifically airsoft interests like Land Rovers and military stuff.

• Supporters

You can't judge a book by its cover or else you might think I actually knew something about airsoft

Naaahhh.

I'm too good a judge for that level of error.

Haha just kidding.

I'm interested now I know there are psychologists amongst us, I always thought being a psychiatrist sounded like a really interesting job but when I took psychology at A-Level it was so full of stupid contradictory bollocks that I just lost interest in it... It's kinda like the whole post count thing Sitting Duck was talking about, no one seems to accept that other people's theories might be right, no one seems to try and incorporate aspects of multiple perspectives to explain any given thing and I think that's what's needed in a lot of ways.

I can't remember any of it well enough to go into specifics now though, it's been a good 5 years since I was at school.

Naaahhh.

I'm too good a judge for that level of error.

Haha just kidding.

I'm interested now I know there are psychologists amongst us, I always thought being a psychiatrist sounded like a really interesting job but when I took psychology at A-Level it was so full of stupid contradictory bollocks that I just lost interest in it... It's kinda like the whole post count thing Sitting Duck was talking about, no one seems to accept that other people's theories might be right, no one seems to try and incorporate aspects of multiple perspectives to explain any given thing and I think that's what's needed in a lot of ways.

I can't remember any of it well enough to go into specifics now though, it's been a good 5 years since I was at school.

I love psychology and yes its really interesting to know there are others who have studied this wonderful subject on this forum. From a psychotherapists point of view, in my opinion there are no right or wrong answers to this subject and what ever works for the client to achieve positive goals is absolutely fine (after all we are all individuals even if most of use follow familiar behaviours).

hehe its the one subject where you can write "in my opinion" in any essay and expect to have it passed

Sigh i've met my fair share of power tripping douche bags
put it this way i'm serving a 25 year (yes year) ban for telling a admin to do his job (I.e Police his forum from turds posting personal info under the assumption its my details they were posting)

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm having some issues there too.

I'm try to get information regarding L119's

Now there are 5 or 6 members on said site that claim they can or have been near a real one etc, pm them for any details.

Yet I have pm'd them over the course of several days and only had one answer me!.

Yet with the others it shows that they have viewed their pm's too, bloody rude!.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.