ACM VSR10 Cylinder compatibility (Well MB03?)

Jaggardos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

Just picked up an ACM VSR10 and long story short, I've found the cylinder, piston, spring guide, outer barrel etc, is slightly smaller than that on a Marui VSR :( I would really like to upgrade the piston (as I already have sears, which are compatible) for a higher velocity build, but I don't know where to get a better piston. I have heard the Well MB03 has a cylinder and piston slightly smaller than that of the VSR10, so I assume they might be the same diameter? Meaning I can get this: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Bravo-BV3-Spring-Rifle-Upgrade-Kit-WELL-MB03-MB07-p/12204.htm

Wondering if anyone has any answers as I've searched and can't find anything of use...

Cheers

PDi Non bore up parts should work.

To keep better tolerances PDi make all of their upgrade parts matched to each other. Pdi cylinder internals are made to a slightly smaller diameter than Marui ones,while Pdi Bore up parts fit better into Marui cylinder dimensions.

I'll PM a guy on AirsoftSniperForum who's been building custom VSRs with Pdi parts for the past decade to confirm.

Thanks man,

To help more, I just measured the inner diameter of the cylinder- its around 2.05cm, whereas the JG cylinder I have is about 2.3cm across, so it's only just too small. Do you think the non bore up parts are that much smaller?

I've had confirmation from the guy I've PM'd. He's not sure about the MB03 directly since he's generally avoided it due to tolerance issues.

Pdi bore up cylinder is required to fit Marui spec parts. Pdi's precision cylinder has to use PDi spec parts,and is a sloppy fit into the standard reciever.

According to Xfire,PDi's precision cylinder is 22mm in diameter,while the boreup is 23mm in diameter. So the WELL is even smaller.

If so then PDi non bore up parts would still be to large by 2mm to fit.

Usually I'd recommend new cylinders entirely for WELL VSRs,just to have easier upgrade compatibility. You will need to remove material from the guide rings in the receiver for them to fit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.