Who Has Transport To Get To Games?

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seems to be a lot of people playing Airsoft who are restricted in their ability to travel to games.

I'm curious how many members have their own motor road transport to travel to longer distance games and how many don't i.e have to rely on lifts or public transport ?

My dad will take me, he thinks its actually a good hobby and sport (quite surprised really). A lot of mates do the one way thing where their parents takes a load of people to the site and then another parent brings them all back. If I want to do a garden battle or whatever they are called I cycle pretty much everywhere in that sense, I find it to only be 15 minutes later (albeit quite sweaty) if I push hard.

• Supporters

I rely on lifts, my dad used to be a driving instructor so I can drive pretty well, I just never took my test because I'd have to do it in my dad's car; but I can't because he's not a recognised instructor anymore.

Plus the test has changed recently so he couldn't teach me the new bits.

Just never got around to booking any lessons with a current instructor and sorting my test out. I'll have to do my theory again too as it expires after 2 years... Even though the practical test doesn't :huh:

DVLA logic.

I drive me and my mates as I live further away from our main site - easier for me to pick them up along the way. Sometimes I'll give a lift to people who live nearby who are going to the same site if they ask - so long as they pay me for petrol money of course.

Sometimes I take the bus,usually when my dad isn't around. If I get up earlier then usual I go by bike. If my dad's around he gives me a lift but I drive over,I'm a few months away from my provisional and he's been teaching me for a few years now so he say's it's grand. Been driving like that for the past year or so and no issues so far.

• Supporters

I and all my mates drive.

Hardly surprising so many don't though when you take into consideration the low average age of airsofters...

• Supporters

i drive and so do all the people i play with so we usually take it in turns to go to places but longer drive are usually down to my brother as he has a cushy van that is more comfortable and has an actual workshop with charging capabilities and also anything you need for fixing just about anything

To be fair we usually end up in mates 4x4 just because we all insist on taking so much gear with us it's the only car it fits in! I'm sure we don't actually need three assault rifles and a support weapon each but...y'know. :)

My dad normally takes me and my mates if they are going. If Im stuck I can get a lift from the site manager.

I dont have my own transport Which makes me very thankful to Potential_threat for being good enough to offer me lifts

My dad will take me, he thinks its actually a good hobby and sport (quite surprised really). A lot of mates do the one way thing where their parents takes a load of people to the site and then another parent brings them all back. If I want to do a garden battle or whatever they are called I cycle pretty much everywhere in that sense, I find it to only be 15 minutes later (albeit quite sweaty) if I push hard.

You must have an awesome dad

i drive. and i give lift to some... infact thats how we ended up forming bad company, me and the other guy i usually regularly give lifts to kept saying well make a team... came from that. infact they come from all over our town which is famous for being religiously divided (if youve ever heard of drumcree thats in our town...) and we all get on great even with our differing views... aint airsoft great...

You must have an awesome dad

yeah he is really, pays for my education etc. The only thing he hasn't is let me shoot him :P no jokes aside he is awesome like most peoples dads :o

• Supporters

Pays for your education? Whut? I thought you were still in school.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.