Umarex HK MP7 GBB - Few minor issues

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought my MP7 new & boxed no less than a week ago; gun fires fine and accurate with no loose pieces, etc.

However, it has come to my attention that there are a few issues apparent that need closure. (Also note this is the Navy version of the MP7, if it makes any difference)

1. The bolt release, located above the trigger, serves no mechanical purpose in terms of cocking the gun; the cocking handle located at the back above the stock does all the work. Technical Oversight? or has a spring or mechanism broke?
  2. The magazine shoots a certain amount of shots before the bb's stop loading into the tip of the magazine feeding lip, I have to take the mag out, lower the spring and ensure it stays there.

Also, there is no dry-firing mechanism allowed for this gun, in terms that if there isnt a BB in the mag, the bolt will stay locked back. Is that common?

• Supporters

The bolt release will only function when the bolt is being held back by the catch, it's neither a fault or an oversight it's how pretty much every real gun works, including the MP7. If you dry fire the gun the bolt assembly will lock to the rear and be caught, hitting the bolt release will lower the catch and allow the working parts to return.

Dry firing can be done in a couple of ways, easiest is just to hold the bolt release catch up while firing. Another way is to block the follower in the magazine from reaching the top, this will stop the empty magazine from actuating the bolt catch.

The bolt release will only function when the bolt is being held back by the catch, it's neither a fault or an oversight it's how pretty much every real gun works, including the MP7. If you dry fire the gun the bolt assembly will lock to the rear and be caught, hitting the bolt release will lower the catch and allow the working parts to return.

Dry firing can be done in a couple of ways, easiest is just to hold the bolt release catch up while firing. Another way is to block the follower in the magazine from reaching the top, this will stop the empty magazine from actuating the bolt catch.

I know the bolt release only works when the bolt is held by the catch, except, in my case, it doesnt work whatsoever, bolt caught back or not; thats the issue i'm trying to explain and hopefully get a quickfix for.

and dry firing has been fixed; just place a screw as far down into the spring of the magazine so the point it will stop it springing up, load it into the gun, and happy trails :3 sounds idiotic, but my brother did it for me, so if the spring breaks, its on him.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.