Afghan Loadout

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Just got these from my mate serving with 1 Royal Anglian and thought I'd share for those wishing to do an accurate afghan look.

Apparently the weapons in the photo with the GPMG are not M4's but the new sharpshooter weapon that the number 2 would have with a sniper with the 338 sniper rifle (news to me)

anyway enjoy

10541465_10152351162806475_1237776037895

1526257_10151974266696475_1717776871_n-1

Ah the GPMG, was a fine weapon to be in the company of. Those AR based weapons are strange for the British to use. Must of came into service recently as we all had L85's and GPMG's back when I was there.

Ah the GPMG, was a fine weapon to be in the company of. Those AR based weapons are strange for the British to use. Must of came into service recently as we all had L85's and GPMG's back when I was there.

Same here, back in Iraq I just had my L85.

Just asked him about the googles and what they use to stop them fogging. He said they can't stop them fogging either and he just wears his for photos lol

Must of came into service recently as we all had L85's and GPMG's back when I was there.

Yes its a very recent photo

Isn't much of any relevance to this post but still got a picture of young me in old DPM with the L85a1 back in my twenties.

post-9528-0-35245400-1406844842_thumb.jpg

Isn't much of any relevance to this post but still got a picture of young me in old DPM with the L85a1 back in my twenties.

Everything is relevant :D

Everything is relevant :D

It's nice to speak and be in a forum with all you other ex-military folks. I love hearing other soldiers experiences. Really nice to see you all made it home safely and still speak about those sometimes tough times. I lost only one brave man that I was close with. However I recall times that I've seen those wounded, seen fellow soldiers literally break down into tears at a loss.

To you, and all those who served, you're a brave and wonderful human and well done.

It's cheesy to say this but you were all fighting beside me. I thank you and appreciate your contribution and bravery and above all returning safely to your friends and families.

It's nice to speak and be in a forum with all you other ex-military folks. I love hearing other soldiers experiences. Really nice to see you all made it home safely and still speak about those sometimes tough times. I lost only one brave man that I was close with. However I recall times that I've seen those wounded, seen fellow soldiers literally break down into tears at a loss.

To you, and all those who served, you're a brave and wonderful human and well done.

It's cheesy to say this but you were all fighting beside me. I thank you and appreciate your contribution and bravery and above all returning safely to your friends and families.

Stop it or you'll make me cry!!! lol

But seriously, those are really heart felt words and I for one appreciate them. Good to have guys like you on here also mate :)

Ronin were you based in woolwich being RA? I'm literally a 15 minute walk from the Royal artillery barracks, crazy to think I could have walked past you or one of your mates lol.

Here's me back in 2003, prior to deployment

10325504_10203839938457447_3661929689089

Lots of respect for you ex-mil guys :)

Ah the LSW, fantastic weapon. Much appreciation for your time to post your life in the army!

Also Josh, thank you sir.

Ronin were you based in woolwich being RA? I'm literally a 15 minute walk from the Royal artillery barracks, crazy to think I could have walked past you or one of your mates lol.

No mate I wasn't based at Woolwich, although I did all my HGV training there. I also done part of my NCO cadre there. I still have nightmares about driving an HVG in London central and through the Blackwall Tunnel hahahahaha

• Supporters

Reading all this soppy shit with the Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty theme playing in the background.

Feel like I've just watched the end of Saving Private Ryan or something D=

*Salutes*

The AR pattern rifle is the L129A1, a modified version of the AR10 made by Lewis Machine & Tools (LMT) it's only been in service for a couple of years, if that. Brought in to deal with targets out to 800m where the L85 lacks the accuracy and punch.

It's sexy as fook.

Snipers are using the L115A3 chambered in .338 Lapua Mag, also sexy as fook, and currently holds the longest range kill record at a touch over 2470m

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.