Real Sword vs TM G36k madness?

kirvesuk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm just after some opinions if you will!

As you can see from my sig, I'm a big fan of TM stuff but something happened Sunday that made me have a bit of doubt creep into my mind over my rifle.

A good friend has been using a G&G Top Tech for 18 months or so, and has great success with it, easily shooting as far as two of our TM recoil shocks on the rifle range but doing so with obviously a faster BB travel time. It never bothered me until he bought a TM recoil shock M4 last week, played with it for about 3 hours, and then went back to his G&G. His new TM is now up for sale!

I trust his judgement completely, and combined with having a bad day in the field with my TM, I just wondered, should I sell my beloved G36K?

If I do, I'm considering the Real Sword Type 97. An easy 340fps spring change and a long barrel will give me what I'm missing, but no recoil....

Am I mad for considering such a swap?

cheers

PS I have some .28 BBs to try in my TM next time, I've been using .25s so far.

If I do, I'm considering the Real Sword Type 97. An easy 340fps spring change and a long barrel will give me what I'm missing, but no recoil....

Am I mad for considering such a swap?

No you are not mad to consider such swap. Unless I am mistaken, RS bodies are manufactured by Norinco, along side with the real thing.. Personally I would advise you to go ahead with it, but I never quite got along with TM either.

• Supporters

So you want to sell your TM because having compared it to a G&G you feel that the travel time of the shots is just too slow for you?
I feel like this is going to turn into one of those fps vs range debates...

Personally I've never liked TM guns because of the lower power, purely because the range could be the best out of every gun on the Earth, but with the shots travelling as slow as they do it doesn't matter because people can just side step out of the way of them at barely 20m, especially if you're using anything heavier than .25s, so I don't think you're mad for wanting to improve on that situation... But I do think you're slightly mad for thinking of selling your gun and buying another one to get around the problem.

I think the upgrade route would be the more sensible one to go down, especially if you like the gun as much as you make out. New spring, maybe a snappier motor to make up for the reduced cycle time, tightbore for a bit of an extra boost. Job jobbed.

I probably should have made clear, I would sell the TM if I was happy with the type97 so it was a low cost option. Thr upgrade path will obviously cost a bit, but I appreciate what you guys are saying.

Am I likely to let the magic TM pixies out if I swap a spring and barrel? Am I right that 300fps is the safe limit for a TM?

Many thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. I am having trouble finding the barrel length required!

Try Patrol Base for a Madbull one? They did stock quite a few lengths, could be out of stock though.

EDIT: sorry yeah they are out of stock. They could probably order one in for you though.

Recoil shock internals are not made out of cheese unlike TM's old prolines. As said before,tightbores can give a 40 FPS boost,make sure to get a good one,Madbull is a good bang for buck but PDi is the best made out of all. Laylax is a great choice too.

M95 or m100 spring should see you well,and again as previously said ball bearing spring guides are a must since they also give a small boost to spring tension and reduce stress as they keep the spring for twisting.

I'd also look into Piston AOE correction just to be on the safe side. Remember it's pulling a 300g recoil weight and spring too. TM recoil pistons are very strong so I wouldn't be too worried.

In case you want to get a snappier motor, a good option is to take apart the stock TM Eg1000 and replace the magnets with neodymium ones,or drop the armature into a can from a neodymium motor. Should have insane 22TPA torque and be highly efficient.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.