national airsoft event

hairbag73

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wow, it certainly is getting bigger every year! Are there a lot of people who come over from Europe, do you know?

I'll have to make a trip down some time when I've got proper gear and guns and everything. Shame it's allt way down south :|

• Supporters

Yeah teams from all over the place turn up, last year there was a group of Hungarian guys on Delta they were a great laugh.

1817 now, that may be a bit much, but you could if you wanted not see a soul all weekend.

• Supporters

I think if you go down there expecting a good skirmish experience then you're going for the wrong reasons.

Imagine playing at your regular site if it had 15 times the maximum number of players allowed booked in, it's far too oversubscribed to work.
The best firefights are the out of the way ones that have no bearing on the actual game, because they're secluded enough to not just be a case of superior numbers = win.

Plus, in the areas where there are an ungodly number of players, it just turns into pain rules because no one can get out of the way fast enough to not get shot, and no one can be arsed to walk all the way back to a deadzone 500m away only to die again in the next 15 seconds.

I do however think that the little envelope you get given on sign in, with your "Mission Brief" and a map inside it, is seriously awesome, and I like the way they've planned the game, with timed objectives and stuff, having to reference your briefing and map throughout the day just feels so badass :P If there were a realistic number of players it'd be awesome.

In short, don't go for the games, go for the social experience. Being surrounded by 2000 people with my same, over the top gun obsession is just amazing.

Also, if you are going, check out the topic that Geoffreym just started, last year we set up an AF-UK camping area and put some faces to names, we had a good camp of 20 or so last time and it was a good giggle.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.