Can anyone talk to me about hpa regulators?

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all... I'm chopping in my M4 for a hpa pistol... But I'm having issues finding a pressure regulator for the build.

Most paintball tanks output 800psi, which seems far too high an input for most regulators that I can find. Obviously I need to regulate from 0 to ~120psi. I'm also having slight issue finding figures for tanks/pressure /number of shots.

Anyone have any ideas?

Guest PT247

I use an HPA bottle rigged to a regulator giving an output of 0-300psi. My M700 sniper gave roughly 500fps on around 75psi. My G5 gets just under 350fps using around 85psi. You will have to chrono at gradual pressure increments until you get the fps you desire. Are you going to fit a C mag to the pistol? Using standard pistol mags will be a total pain on an HPA set up.
On my G5 I get roughly 500 shots for each 500fps drop in pressure at 85ish psi and my bottle gets charged to 3000psi

Yeah, that sounds good... I'm not quite sure I understand your "shots to volume" thing. Are you getting 500 shots, for 500psi tank usage, if you fire at 85psi?

Which in your tank would give you around 2800 rounds?

Also... Can I ask what regulator you use, and what's a c mag? ;)

EDIT

Never mind... Yeah, c mag. Could still use the regulator make and model though :)

Guest PT247

Yeah, that sounds good... I'm not quite sure I understand your "shots to volume" thing. Are you getting 500 shots, for 500psi tank usage, if you fire at 85psi?

Yup, 500 shots set at 85psi gives a 500psi drop on the bottle.

Which in your tank would give you around 2800 rounds?

Aye, have not run it to empty and imagine as the pressure drops in the bottle it will effect the rate it drops, but if consistent should give me 3000 rounds fired.

Also... Can I ask what regulator you use, and what's a c mag? ;)

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/kjw-m700-tanaka-gg-king-arms-colt-kalashnikov-sig-sauer-fn-gsg-p-1295.html

EDIT

Never mind... Yeah, c mag. Could still use the regulator make and model though :)

I got my HPA rig from the above link, I have a mate that can sort getting things from the USA which also stops me paying the customs charges etc.

That's really helpful... I don't mind paying some tax... You only need to buy it once, don't ya... Cheers for your help.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.