Multi-shot shotguns....Recommendations please?

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For what they are, the TM aren't really worth it- DE and ASG tri shots do the same thing but for cheaper. You can get them for £35 from some places

Pretty much this. Even though the TM has a better build quality it is prone to the same faults as a clone brand trishot.

If you want a simple "get up and go" gun then any spring trishot rifle will do the job. If you want something that kicks ass then go for the gas powered TM m870 - 6 shot bursts are a lot of fun!

There are other gas shotguns with the multi shot feature, but they're either shell ejecting (therefore not practical) or are prone to problems, e.g. the mad max shotguns whose shells are fine for one shot before the o-ring goes or the m500 series which tend to have weak metal slide arms.

have a tm super 90 that broke and so i had to open it up and put double eagle pars into it(from a gun i was given to do this with) and the whole tm being better quality dosent wash on the shotgun front. theres so little differences other than the outer cosmetic that i can honestly say id never think of tm shotty again...

recently got a gfg 25 tri shotty and have to say shoots just as well for 1/4 the price(dosent have some of the exernal features of the tm, still looks awsome...

• Supporters

Yeah to say the TM Tri Shots are like £100-£150? I'd say it isn't worth it. You're paying as much as a decent beginner AEG for a springer shotty. TM 870s are awesome if you can afford.

I have a TM SPAS12 and I used to have an ASG Franchi SAS 12. I sold the ASG which probably says as much as I need to say.

TM may have better hop up performance by a large margin but I still see no major benefits.

Both have internals made out of cheese. There is 0 parts support bar PDi Piston heads,essentially disposable,breaks,get a new one. Personally I can;t stand disposable guns that I always have to worry about,hence why a ASG/DE trishot is a better option since my euromonies won't take a big hit.

I've held a TM M3 and a DE m3. Both feel absolute sh*t quality wise,creaky,cheap plastic,minor wobble all around and both felt like they are about to break If I got to enthusiastic with the pumping. TM shot really well,I'll give it that but it does not ooze or feel quality or reliable.

If you want a good performing shotgun with parts support go for Maruzen,A&K or G&P '870 series. These may not have trishot goodness but are a fair step up quality wise over TM trishots and clones.

What about a Goblin Deuce? :D

goblin.jpg

They're pretty expensive over here for what they are. At least they are at Patrol Base - £85! Plus £26 for another couple shells. Out of stock most places too :(

AND it only holds two shells of course.

However, they seem really awesome for CQC and room clearance!

What about a Goblin Deuce? :D

goblin.jpg

They're pretty expensive over here for what they are. At least they are at Patrol Base - £85! Plus £26 for another couple shells. Out of stock most places too :(

AND it only holds two shells of course.

However, they seem really awesome for CQC and room clearance!

i had the goblin solo, which i reviewed in the pistol section---- http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/15641-the-goblin-experience/

. for the money though, get a shotgun...

also the tm hop thing is pretty moot on their shotguns as the hop unit is non adjustable one tri shots so all it gives you is their rubbers which without the adjustablility that aint brilliant... plus i pulled mine apart cocking it..., twice, the first time the stock broke around the butt screw(new stock) the second time i broke the inner shell... and both times via cocking it. which is kinda necessary to do with a shotty...

however i have using my spring powered shotguns outshot a couple of gas powered ones with ease so going by that wouldnt recommend that route(and they have had lots of breakage problems....)

also i remember seeing a shotgun somewhere that every time you pump it it adds a bb to the chamber, so you get the accuracy of the single shots, with the cc joy of multi shot... ill see if i can find it....

• Supporters

I'm a self confessed #maruifanboy but I couldn't ever in good faith recommend someone buy one of their spring shotguns. The DE/ASG ones are just as good and a third (sometimes less!) of the price.

The only part of the spring shotgun package I'd suggest is genuinely better with a marui is the shells, the cheap DE/ASG ones are garbage, half of them won't feed properly without disassembly and filing burrs off the insides.

If you can stomach the cost though, the TM M870 tactical gas shotgun is a thing of extraordinary beauty and makes all other airsoft shotguns seem like sacks of turd in comparison.

The DE M56 range is a good compromise between price, reliability and performance. Had my long version a few years, doesn't see a huge lot of use but always been reliable, and the quick fire system of holding the trigger while pumping to fire rapidly is useful, if a not very accurate way of shooting lol!

If I'm not mistaken the Marui 870 breacher (can't remember actual designation) came out yesterday in Japan. Or at least it will be released soon and available over here in a bit.

Could be getting mixed up with Marui's new M&P.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.