Sniper loadouts

Teo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm basically starting this thread for my own benefit as I recently bought a sniper (well mb03) but am still sorting my gear.

So far I've got everything rigged for a battle belt with woodland bdu's with my helikon gunfighter and my TAS cap. Boots wise I'm running viper multicam boots.

Try to be as lightweight as possible. All you'll need are a couple of pouches on your belt for spare mags and a speed loader. I have to keep mini gas bottles in my rig, but it's worth it for the looks the M700 gets when it's fired ;)

I'm buying either an A&K M24 or JG BAR-10 tonight. As for gear I have a Viper belt platform with WAS double pistol mag pouch and a Blackhawk frag grenade pouch. I'll probably buy a WAS .338 pouch and Helikon utility pouch as well. I bought Mil-Tec vegetato BDUs but the shirt's massive on me unfortunately so I just run a WAS t-shirt instead. Really would like some new gear.

(WAS = Warrior Assault Systems, btw)

For my sniper I use a DPM base and a ghillie if needed. Boots I have started to wear converse desert as black leather stands out too much.

Here is an old photo of me. I no longer use that rifle as I've upgraded to a SVD

For my sniper I use a DPM base and a ghillie if needed. Boots I have started to wear converse desert as black leather stands out too much.

Here is an old photo of me. I no longer use that rifle as I've upgraded to a SVD

That's pretty damn ninja :D my only problem with ghillie suits is that you look pretty obvious when moving, there were a few guys in them at my last skirmish and they stuck out like a sore thumb on occasions

only ever seen one decent sniper(who was playing aggressive btw) specially with ours being at a considerable disadvantage... getting your camo to work(so the camo that works best at your site will actually change per season) rather than look good would be very important. have you tried sniping before you invest considerably into it?

@Mr_B, I used to use a viper belt rig and it wasn't very good as when I added weight to it, it had a bad habit of digging into my waist which made it quite uncomfortable. If I was you, I'd get a padded belt to save you from discomfort.

Then sniping may not be your thing. :)

I have to agree. Stalking and waiting is an acquired taste and not for everyone. Remember if you move, you will be seen and a ghillie suit makes movement even more obvious

I mean aggressively in a way where I don't sit in one place for an hour. I'll move to a position where I have a good view and then pop off shots. I don't mean run and gun.

I mean aggressively in a way where I don't sit in one place for an hour. I'll move to a position where i 36o n0 skop3. I don't mean run and gun.

You forgot about the super navy seal, green beret, pj, dolphin diving frontflip double yy tomahawk attack

(A bit off topic) 3 guys turned up with ghillies on last weekend when I went airsofting, and by the first game they all took it off because it was too hot and played the rest of the game in their shorts and t-shirt. So I guess before you buy a ghille make sure you can handle the heat this summer :)

I think you'd better off with a different role,that of a marksman,as in,a yob with a bolt action or tuned AEG that's a good shot. That said get an affinity for spotting to make up for the fact you can't give suppressing fire. Tune your gun to be as accurate as possible,with accuracy upgrades comes range and squeeze every bit of power you can get,have it shooting right up to the 1J limit. Get good at sneaking through forests too so you can still feel like Solid Sneg :D

I hate ghillie suits, ill never buy one, I might make one though.

Oh yes, good man. Thats the only way to go

Going to make one myself, best place for materials? The synthetic stuff? I've already got the paracord, just need that, glue and a BDU shirt (probably surplus US woodland one) to use.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.