G&G hi cap magazine

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So yesterday I was playing airsoft with a few mates. It was good fun until one of my mates gun broke. I was using cheap bbs as nothing had happened when I used them in the past, but it wouldn't feed the bbs through when I wound it up. I couldn't understand why so I took the casing off to have a look, but my mate didn't have the right screws. I reckon it broke because a few bbs got stuck and so I tried windinhg it up too much, so this bit broke here:

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu343/Automobilie/P1040316.jpg

The bit of metal broke off directly from the pin. It just snapped. Thankfully with guidance from a grainy youtube video it has since been fixed.

I was wondering if this is a common problem, and how would that have broken? I'm guessing too much tension with the cog twisting too far for the metal, but I can't verify this. Thanks for your help and has this ever happened to you?

If you overpressure a high cap magazine then they do tend to break. It is definitely a common problem to have that happen. I have also had BBs get stuck in a G&G hicap, I don't think they are brilliantly reliable at feeding in general in my experience.

• Supporters

I'm confused as to how you can wind it up too hard. The winder has a clutch that disengages when it's fully would (goes click - you should hear it) so I'm guessing it must have already been malfunctioning. I've not had any issues with mine...

Go mid caps and stop sounding like a tactical maraca :P

I now use midcaps and while I have had feeding issues when they are full short loading them 10 rounds has fixed my problem and the feeding has been much more reliable than the hi caps. I had some luck with a flash mag but even so its just nice to know that the mag will feed until its empty, brings a lot more realism to the game and makes it much easier to fire rapidly and suppress than if you use hicaps. Despite the massive amount of additional gear midcaps take its the better option.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.