Lipo Charger

Charlie_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am going to buy the g&g combat machine fire hawk and it requiers a LiPO battery. Now I have been looking at chargers and they all seem quite expensive (the decent looking ones anyway) so I was wondering if I could use this charger: http://www.amazon.co.uk/iMAX-B6-LiPro-Balance-Charger/dp/B004A6QEJ6 which I already have for my RC stuff. I noticed it only says up to 6 cells for the lipos and I am wondering if it would work with this battery: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8101. Also anyway of checking if the battery will acturally fit in the gun?

Many thanks.

That's a 2 cell battery, so your charger will be fine. Airsoft Lipo's never go beyond 3 cell. As to whether it'll fit, not sure as I'm yet to see a firehawk outside of pictures.

Thanks that helps alot.

I watched Iain's unboxing / review / first impressions of the Firehawk but I can't remember where the battery goes. If it's in the buffer tube that battery most likely won't fit. Charger however is brilliant. Try Component Shop for batteries or Land Warrior Airsoft sell WE batteries including PEQ box and buffer tube ones.

Charger is great, will work with the batteries. I don't know about the connectors however, looking through the images I am not seeing the connector that the lipo's use in airsoft for the balance charging. You may need to do something about that to make it fit with your current leads.

The gun itself just based on the length of RIS strikes me as a rear wired gun. Its not a crane stock so its really expecting one of the thin and short lipo's for the buffer tube, something like a 1600mah one. I am pretty certain the battery selected is too big for this gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.