Best skirmish in Kent?

edrat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

To get a UKARA requires going three times to one site or companies sites over 2+ months, which as a family man is a reasonable commitment.

I'm in Kent, south of Ashford- question is which is the best site to attend?

Taken a look at a few, all seem very different and website wise, varying degrees of quality.

They're all a bit of a trek for me, so whichever I go to (and go back, if I enjoy it), needs to be the best and most worth my while.

Look forward to your comments :)

Not a case of it being difficult to attain, rather- don't want to lose days of the precious weekend at sub standard sites were I to go.

• Supporters

If you don't want sub standard check out UCAP Sandpit, its next door to Bluewater, in a huge quarry. The games are always a little different, you play long range outdoor stuff with options of woodland, grassland, sand/gravel quarry areas, industrial areas and a pipe yard. Then there are some great CQB areas, large warehouse units or up close and personal in the kill house, a rabbit warren of rooms, half of them are dark.

Then there is the game style, 1 medic while you are out means 2 lives. They generally play 2x 2.5 hr games with an hour for lunch in the middle. The guys there are a great laugh and the marshals are the best I've come across and it's hard to top the EAG Worthing guys.

Then you add in the props and vehicles, 1 working snatch armoured land rover, a WMIK bristling with a .50Cal and an M249 site supplied ammo for these, a DAF truck that will hold 30 guys. A couple of quads, Dora the Explorer with ISAF markings, an offroad dune buggy and an ex royal marine AKTIV SNOWTRACK. A pair of mortars, mock IED's with pyro charges, and a set of demo charges for destroying objectives (all with site supplied pyro).

Other advantages, no two tone, you can feel totally immersed in the action. In the year and a bit I've been playing there I've never seen turn out less than 80 ( other than the limited numbers Milsim/BattleSim games) and regularly well over 100.

The biggest problem after playing there is ....... finding somewhere else that even comes close as a regular site to play.

Oh and while UKARA is a bit of a dirty word there you can get registered, but Andy's more than happy to have you on his membership list and to talk to retailers direct.

Great reply, thanks. Sells it well! Shall have a mull over and perhaps pop there this Sunday if forecast looks alright

my advice get the ukra then shop around the air soft boot sale is coming up in September and there will be plenty of deals going on second hand guns knowing what i know now i don't think i would spend out on a new standard aeg again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First post so breaking in gently! As mentioned already, Apocalypse Airsoft (Detling, Kent) is a great site, have attended there a few times now so much so that they've now submitted my UKARA application form (Woohoo!) It's purely woodland & clearings within etc. set on 80 odd acres of land. Have found this a great site for skirmishing, guys who run the events are great, welcoming and helpful to the noobs!

A few friends are signing up for Pit @ Bluewater for the 31st August, gotta say from the youtube vids I've seen, it looks amazing and can't wait to to attend! I'm hoping to have my UKARA number before then so I can buy my gun…. HK416D Devgru custom, have got everything else but just need my number!!

Looking forward to the banter on here

Thanks

Mike

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.