R-Hops???

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as some of you will know, I have just purchased an A&K SVD. I have seen on line that one of the best upgrades I can install is a R-hop.

I have no idea what this actually is. I know its an upgraded hop up but I can't seem to find actual info on the product at all.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction please

thanks

Jon

• Supporters

http://www.air-lab.co.uk/z-kit.html

If past experience is anything to go by, don't order from there until he's been back from holiday for about a month though! Good explanation of the product there though.

in my experience r-hop is very much snake oil, I've yet to be out-ranged by an r-hopped gun.

So would you recommend this or not, if not what else is out there for the wannabe sniper?

Rhop is a massive trial and error mod. Install patch,place rubber with internal nub removed,sand down patch until it's flush with barrel. Shoot gun,sand more to even it out. Shoot gun,tune,etc... People have used different materials but the best seems to be Hunterseekr5's (creator's) one,but they are a fair bit pricey IMO.

Or you can try out the mod that is the whole concept behind rhop,it's called ghop,which was coined up a few years ago by some guy who calls himself the 'gungineer' in japan. It's much less trial and error work and some people say it's just as good. I'm planning on doing it in the near future. Ghop uses two hop up buckings,both with the internal nub sanded down and cut up to fit the hop up window in the barrel,the equivalent to a contact patch in Rhop. The other is the same as in Rhop,sanded down nub and used as a seal.

Ian Gere has a good bit mire experience than me with the A&K SVD and what works well with it,my specialty is in VSRs.

Ian Gere has a good bit mire experience than me with the A&K SVD and what works well with it,my specialty is in VSRs.

Is Ian on this forum? This G-hop sounds good

Ok, so I have researched this topic a lot more and I am confident that I can install a R-hop. I still have a question though regarding the actual operation of the r-hop. I think I am just being dumb here.

Once the r-hop is glued in placed, does it still require pressure from the nub, because once glued it is flush with the inside of the barrel (so how does it contact the bb to create backspin?)

I think I am missing something really obvious here

• Supporters

Yeah you still need the nub in the hop unit to apply downwards pressure when you adjust your hop.

All R hop is, is the replacement of the dimple in your hop rubber, for a flat piece of rubber that completely fill the hop window cut in the barrel, and sits flush inside the barrel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.