Another Kentish newcomer

edrat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, seems there's a bit of an airsoft thing going on in Kent? Where have I been?! ;)

So started playing some backyard games (in decent space). Lots of fun had. Looking to have a go at something a little larger in scale for some more kicks (still love the backyard sprees, won't be giving them up!).

I'm based in South Kent, been doing a little research, leaning towards going to UCAP Sand Pit at Bluewater.

They're on the UKARA website, but don't appear to mention UKARA on their website- presumably they are and will get me my membership so I can get some decent equipment if I like it?

It's a bit of a trek, I'm south of Ashford, but it looks probably the most fun site. Any other nearer recommendations welcome if they're good, Pembury looks alright?

I had already ordered an (I think) OK MP5 that's being two toned from JD Airsoft, almost wish I hadn't now- but from what I can see I can remove the two toning in theory once I'm a member of a site.

Hoping to have some fun?

Welcome to the forums mate! The Sandpit is an awesome site. I'm not lucky enough to have played there but I've heard how good it is.

What make is your MP5? I really want a G&G MP5 because I'm disappointed in my first two guns I bought when I was a noob.

• Supporters

Another Kentish person .. blimey its an invasion :P

Just Kidding.

Welcome to the forums, I hear the Sandpit is awesome, sadly I'm a little too far away myself ... maybe a road trip one day.

As long as it's not this one

https://jdairsoft.net/deals/bt5-pdw-mags

;)

Also, to hijack your intro thread, I'm another new guy. From Kent.

Yeah it was, either you've just bought one or it's crap?

I'd think of it as a girlymans gun. The sort of thing used by a guy who turns up in a full camo tank suit to a game where everyone else is in shorts and a short sleeves for a back garden game... ;)

Just a warning about UCAP though, they do not allow any two tone weapons-you would need to rent from them until you get your membership i.e defence to by an Airsoft weapon. However they seem to let that rule slide though if it is a pink rifle...

Only site I have played at though and is definitely great fun :)

That might be a problem. My new favourite gun wasn't 2 tone until I modded it. It's pretty fierce so I figured that with a laser sight I could use it for sniping. Trouble is the sight is a different colour :/.

25sxwth.jpg

What do you reckon? Could I get away with that? I can hit targets at easily 100 yards (provided I walk up to them first).

Dover / Folkestone chap here. Lots of airsoft sites in Kent at the moment - bit different from the old days of CAGE in Chatham :-) however needs a decent CQB venue for the Winter. I did recently try contacting a potential venue but phone was disconnected.....

Where would you recommend most worth the visit were I to dip my toe in?

The most normal people would the chief priority ;) Jacob(Smooth) seems very normal.

Dover / Folkestone chap here. Lots of airsoft sites in Kent at the moment - bit different from the old days of CAGE in Chatham :-) however needs a decent CQB venue for the Winter. I did recently try contacting a potential venue but phone was disconnected.....

do you go to shadow ops?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.